Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

We live in the San Francisco peninsula and are searching for a mini poodle breeder not more than 3 hours (one way) from our home. We want a healthy and happy companion pet which is either an older puppy (4+months old) or a young adult (1-2 years). I have already emailed Bar King poodles but have not heard back from them. Clarion Poodles is another possibility but I saw one very bad review on Yelp about a dog of theirs which had anatomic abnormalities. This concerns me. Has anyone had recent experience with them? Cinbren has been mentioned on the forum. Does anyone have a dog of theirs? Finally, a friend of a friend has a dog from Margie Sullivan of Fresno. She is apparently an AKC breeder of merit but has no website. Has anyone heard of her? Sorry for all the questions. Our beloved mini poodle passed away about 2 months ago and I really want another dog. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
So sorry for your loss..............

Paradise Poodles has a litter of Standards right now, but are expecting a litter of miniatures soon....her dogs are all health tested and have great pedigrees. Take a look at her website! She is located in the Sierra foothills.

Reactions: Hugapoo

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Oh, I just read the review on Yelp--I would not let that deter me one bit. Undescended testicles happen in all breeds and it is NOT a big deal. The neuter surgery is more like a spay. Clarion has an outstanding reputation and I would absolutely buy a poodle from them.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
OOPS! Forgot all about that person! (OP)

I wonder now if the breeder was actually serious in what she said regarding her 'behavior training'..........I really don't think she would be manhandling an 8 week old pup if she is bragging about breeding for temperment. The only way to really access a breeder is to visit them and watch how they treat their dogs in person.......I don't think I could ever buy a dog without seeing it and it's environment in person!

I also would hate to think Rock n Rolla, Alegria, & Clarion would be selling her show puppies (Paradise pedigrees) or co-breeding with her if they thought they were being misreated? I could be wrong of course.........:brick:

Reactions: zooeysmom

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
OOPS! Forgot all about that person! (OP)

I also would hate to think Rock n Rolla, Alegria, & Clarion would be selling her show puppies (Paradise pedigrees) or co-breeding with her if they thought they were being misreated? I could be wrong of course.........:brick:
I know, I hate to think of it too. Just use caution. So many other good poodle breeders out there anyway.

·
Premium Member
9,574 Posts
You are fortunate to have a cluster of good breeders in your area. That said, their litters may already have waiting lists. Don’t let that discourage you from adding your name, because people change their minds all the time. Color and gender requirements might not be met. I encourage you to ask for a puppy to improve your chances - mini’s are the hardest size to find. Best wishes on your search!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts