Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! This is my second post (the first one got put in the entirely wrong place!), so if I am posting in the wrong place please direct me to the correct one!

I am beginning my search for my third (and final) dog, and have settled on a Miniature poodle.

I am having a hell of a time finding high quality miniature poodle breeders though!

Health testing is likely the most important thing for me, followed closely by the puppies being raised in a "family" environment. I am also pretty specific about what exactly I want in a dog (I seriously, seriously want a Velcro dog. I also want one that is moderate to high energy) so temperament testing and matching is important.

I would really appreciate any and all breeder recommendations. I am open to traveling, although with covid I am probably not willing to fly.

I am so excited to start the journey towards finding my new addition.

Super Moderator
This works just fine. :) And you'll get the lay of the land soon enough!

If you've not already, you can explore this thread and start working through the breeders on the list:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Where in Texas are you located. I can give you contact information for several reputable breeders in Texas, but it's a big state!
I am central, but I am also willing to travel anywhere in reasonable "day trip" range (Dallas, Houston, or even further northwest are all options.)

Registered
OK, try contacting Betty Brown who lives northwest of Houston. Here is her contact information: Betty Brown 鈥 Donnchada 鈥 TMS - Plantersville, TX - (713) 305-0120 鈥 [email protected] - donnchadapoodles.com

Betty is a professional poodle handler, but since there are no dog shows taking place, you should be able to reach her with no problems. A phone call is better than an email. Miniature poodles are harder to find than either of the other varieties, but my miniature came from Betty and if she does not have anything she will refer you to someone who does.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I just put a deposit on a Donnchada puppy from Betty. I am really, really hoping there is a male in the litter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts