Poodle Forum banner

Mini Duo: Bella & Paris

5K views 67 replies 15 participants last post by  BellasMomZ 
#1 ·
I have a feeling these two girls will give me some beautiful photos and I want to share them every where.
Here’s their first photo shoot together. They’re half sisters and I think they have a similar face. Their lips curve into a smile and it melts my heart.
Paris 9 weeks
Bella 38 weeks

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
Hello cool cats and kittens (I joke 🤣). But have you seen Tiger King? It’s pretty wild.

We have been bored in the house, in the house bored. I’ve finally decided to take grooming my babies myself seriously. The downside is this the worst time since every one else is too, almost everything I wanted was sold out on amazon and other pet sites 😩.
However the first of many deliveries arrived, grooming table! Paris was the first to experience it today.
She is now 15 weeks and such a little beauty.

Attachments

#38 ·
Yes, I watched Tiger King thanks to a podcast I like and my boyfriend’s fleeting curiosity. Glad I did, because I probably would’ve brushed it off otherwise. Wild is almost an understatement!
Paris is an amazing beauty for sure.
The grooming table is such an important part of keeping a dog still for proper grooming. It’s all part of the fun! You might end up enjoying it so much you’ll groom Paris and Bella at home. Or, more likely, your back will hurt and you’ll thank you’re lucky stars when the groomer is open again. :whistle:

#39 ·
Yes, I watched Tiger King thanks to a podcast I like and my boyfriend’s fleeting curiosity. Glad I did, because I probably would’ve brushed it off otherwise. Wild is almost an understatement!
Paris is an amazing beauty for sure.
The grooming table is such an important part of keeping a dog still for proper grooming. It’s all part of the fun! You might end up enjoying it so much you’ll groom Paris and Bella at home. Or, more likely, your back will hurt and you’ll thank you’re lucky stars when the groomer is open again. :whistle:
We haven’t finished watching yet but it sure is wild 😂. I have no idea how else to describe it.
I’ve been doing touch ups in between grooms for a few months now, and did a full groom last month and now again with more equipment.
It is tons of work but I enjoy it through all the back pain. It’s definitely something I’ll continue.

#40 ·
My little devil got her groom this morning. She’s a real handful but she’s my princess.

Attachments

#46 ·
Hahaha Gypsy looks so adorable! Paris stands for a really long time so it’s easy to get a photo. I’m trying not to encourage it since she’s so young but she really likes standing and jumping and walking on two legs 😅. All things a young puppy shouldn’t be doing.
Thank you! I’m really trying my best with grooming them. I enjoy it.

#49 ·
Today I took the plunge with Paris and attempted a Scandinavian clip 😅. I’ve found that scissoring is definitely hard work. Nowhere near perfect but I think we have a good start. We are both mega tired now.

Attachments

#55 ·
I might’ve turned this into my grooming update thread instead 😂. Bella has her spa day today and one tired mom later I think she looks very nice.

Attachments

#61 ·
Thank you guys! They are my two precious ones.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t understand poodle hair as much as I do now so Bella got this cut once coat change started 😂. I couldn’t handle it.
On her body I prefer to use a 10 Blade considering how fast it grows back.
I think I’ve read that the most commonly used blade is a 7F blade though. So you could see which you prefer.

#62 ·
When did Bella finish her coat change? Such a pain in the butt to deal with any hair longer than 1/2 inch!

I’m now realizing that I probably won’t be able to set a good line on the bracelet using a guard comb? I think since Lacey is a light color a 10 blade might make her look naked, but the longevity of cutting it shorter would be nice. A 7 or a 5 might be better for her.
Once I can start growing her hair out I will definitely be using your pics to guide me with her clip.

#63 · (Edited)
When did Bella finish her coat change? Such a pain in the butt to deal with any hair longer than 1/2 inch!

I’m now realizing that I probably won’t be able to set a good line on the bracelet using a guard comb? I think since Lacey is a light color a 10 blade might make her look naked, but the longevity of cutting it shorter would be nice. A 7 or a 5 might be better for her.
Once I can start growing her hair out I will definitely be using your pics to guide me with her clip.
edit: I forgot to answer this part. I don’t think she’s actually done coat change yet. Her bracelets are still going through it as well as her topknot. She just turned 1 so I think we have a few months until she’s done.

If we’re talking about the top line of the bracelets I use the clipper to shave doen to where I want it to start. You’d use the same length your using on the body.
Oh yeah 😂 she might look a bit naked. Since Bella has her dark parts it’s not bad.
Just go slowly down the leg and keep eying where you want the bracelet to start. At first the groomer made hers too big so when I started grooming her I just had to keep making it smaller

#64 ·
I have done a photo dump here of the two best friends in a while so here are the girls! They are such good play mates and really happy with each other. They still prefer to sleep apart but sometimes I’ll catch them cuddling.
Our little jumping problem has seemed to stop. I hope that continues.
Bella is now 13 months old and Paris is almost 7 months old.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.