Poodle Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thank you guys! They are my two precious ones.

I love the way you do Bella’s clip, especially the shape of the bracelets. In the near future once Lacey’s coat change is behind me I will grow her hair out and attempt it. What blade or guard do you use on her body?
I’m ashamed to say I didn’t understand poodle hair as much as I do now so Bella got this cut once coat change started 😂. I couldn’t handle it.
On her body I prefer to use a 10 Blade considering how fast it grows back.
I think I’ve read that the most commonly used blade is a 7F blade though. So you could see which you prefer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When did Bella finish her coat change? Such a pain in the butt to deal with any hair longer than 1/2 inch!

I’m now realizing that I probably won’t be able to set a good line on the bracelet using a guard comb? I think since Lacey is a light color a 10 blade might make her look naked, but the longevity of cutting it shorter would be nice. A 7 or a 5 might be better for her.
Once I can start growing her hair out I will definitely be using your pics to guide me with her clip.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
When did Bella finish her coat change? Such a pain in the butt to deal with any hair longer than 1/2 inch!

I’m now realizing that I probably won’t be able to set a good line on the bracelet using a guard comb? I think since Lacey is a light color a 10 blade might make her look naked, but the longevity of cutting it shorter would be nice. A 7 or a 5 might be better for her.
Once I can start growing her hair out I will definitely be using your pics to guide me with her clip.
edit: I forgot to answer this part. I don’t think she’s actually done coat change yet. Her bracelets are still going through it as well as her topknot. She just turned 1 so I think we have a few months until she’s done.

If we’re talking about the top line of the bracelets I use the clipper to shave doen to where I want it to start. You’d use the same length your using on the body.
Oh yeah 😂 she might look a bit naked. Since Bella has her dark parts it’s not bad.
Just go slowly down the leg and keep eying where you want the bracelet to start. At first the groomer made hers too big so when I started grooming her I just had to keep making it smaller

61 - 63 of 63 Posts