Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today little 5 month old Mimi was playing (I thought) under the front porch stairs while I was esconced in my lawn chair, reading PF (what else) and sipping a glass of wine.

Slowly I became aware of a slurping wet plunger sound coming from her direction. I jumped up to go see & found her covered in thick black mud and her head down in a hole full of water that she was furiously digging.

OMG. I grabbed her out of it and ran to the bathroom where I ran water on her to get the mud out of her mouth, eyes & off her body. I shampooed her, thoroughly and then ran outside again to shut off the water main valve.

Alerted my housemate (who’s very handy) and he came home with his tools to check out the damage.

I’m gonna be honest, I had assumed Mimi dug that hole to a pipe and then chewed it until it broke.

But NO! .... she had been sniffing around that corner of the house for two or three days... she sensed something.
What she did today was uncover a major water leak that we had no idea was happening! The leak on a water pipe connector and all the water coming out had formed a little underground river flowing through rocks beneath the grass & dirt under the porch.
Mimi heard it & dug it up to let us know, saving us all kinds of damage & expense not to mention precious wasted water.
I love my puppy, she’s amazing! OMG
Poodles rule!

Here’s poor Mimi after I soaked the mud off her and before I knew about her valiant & not naughty good plumbing deed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Awesome job Mimi!!! You did good! Hope you got a few extra goodies.... after all, plumbers charge a lot of money for their services LOL!!!!

Reactions: doditwo

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Mimi the hero - good girl.

·
Premium Member
22,883 Posts
Good girl Mimi. I hope you got some very special treats for you home inspection alert.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts