Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the title says. I've tried to introduce them very slowly and as gentle as possible. I've even held her and just let him sniff her...but she screams like she's dying. It's scary and it actually scares the crap out of my shepherd.

Do you all have any ideas of what I could do? So far I've only let them interact twice and I get the same reaction. Do you think it is because she is so small and he's way big? She's not scared of my moms dog or my cat.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
So like the title says. I've tried to introduce them very slowly and as gentle as possible. I've even held her and just let him sniff her...but she screams like she's dying. It's scary and it actually scares the crap out of my shepherd.

Do you all have any ideas of what I could do? So far I've only let them interact twice and I get the same reaction. Do you think it is because she is so small and he's way big? She's not scared of my moms dog or my cat.

Thanks!
OK in my experience I have one of the those and my vet got to see it about a month ago. Total drama queen. When they scream like that, its for attention more then anything. Is she a little afraid sure. Does she see someone else moving into the space yes. Try not feeling bad, or sorry for the situation - put yourself in dog mode only (remove the personal effect on you) and then place them in the room together, and when she does this, correct her. She is resisting because she feels she can. You should be trying the interaction several times a day in different ways. Maybe taking them outside on seperate leashes, or throwing a toy around but I wouldnt accept the screaming. If she was in pain sure, but she has already shown that she can handle other situations. Tough love IMO : ):eek:hwell:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay :) Thanks! I'll try this and she is a drama queen. She hates the crate and screams like CRAZY, my neighbors even heard her and mentioned it today lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts