Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am not a groomer and like any home groomer, constantly learning. I love the round full topknot look but dont know how to do this. but armed with the kalstone book and a whole lot of positive affirmation, i decided to take the plunge. Saving grace is milo is great when it comes to grooming. most times he tries to sneak in a nap. But i am super happy with it. his ear feathers are coming in nicely since i shaved them in the summer for a german cut. i think maybe in spring, it will be long enough that i will need a snood when he eats raw. :)

i do like his doodle look too, but it was so hard to keep clean. i might revisit that next fall.

also on other note, i ordered the metal comb for my bravura. i find there's some uneven-ness when i use the plastic combs. so fingers crossed, its actually better.

thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
You're doing a great job! I too am a lover of a clean, velvety face!

Reactions: asuk

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Wow, you did a fabulous job.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
That is an awesome TK!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
He really looks handsome - I much prefer clean faces. He is certainly keeping his color!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Gracious, you are talented, and have a wonderful ability to execute with your hands what your eye imagines. Not all of us have that-me especially, so I love seeing it! He looks fantastic.

You'll like the ss combs. I think drying straight really helps, too.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Very nice job! Congrats on the top knot - it came out great. Also newbie home groomer here and I have not mastered the top knot yet. Louie is currently in German Ears as well - and his Top Knot looks a little like a bad combover... this too shall pass! I have a lot of fun grooming - Louie very much takes it in strides. My number one issue is also that he tends to fall asleep standing - almost keeling over. I guess we take relaxed over hysterical!
You will love the metal combs - I am glad I took the plunge - the finish is a lot smoother.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts