Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting ready to bring home a new puppy in a few weeks...Breeder has discovered that she now has a little bit of a “milk chin” or white hairs on her chin. She is almost 4 weeks old and I asked the breeder if she could shave that area so I can see if it goes all the way to the skin...it look likes it does. I spoke to another breeder who says it will “fade” away over time. Can someone tell me if this will eventually fade or will it remain?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am not genetic expert, but I do know plenty of adult poodles with white on their chin so I don't think there is a guarantee it will fade. Is this a hard stop for you in selecting this pup? Personally, unless I was planning on showing or breeding I wouldn't be too concerned with the splash if color in an otherwise perfect pup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not genetic expert, but I do know plenty of adult poodles with white on their chin so I don't think there is a guarantee it will fade. Is this a hard stop for you in selecting this pup? Personally, unless I was planning on showing or breeding I wouldn't be too concerned with the splash if color in an otherwise perfect pup.
This is not my first puppy...i am a breeder, been breeding for 11 years,but have always had solids...so this was a little weird for me...the breeder i am getting her from wanted to trade puppies so i am now hesitant given that i do only solids and not sure if i want to introduce this into my lines. So i spoke to another breeder very popular and she shows and grooms... and she says it will probably fade in

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have no idea if it normally fades or not but my red poodle had a tiny bit of white hair on his chest when I first got him. It went away after his first hair cut and never grew back in white.

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Asta has a little white on his chin. Much less prominent now than he was as puppy- just a few white hairs. Otherwise he is a bad black. His Mom was a parti. He and the breeder chose me and I am so happy I did. Maybe different for a breeder but it didn't matter to me - he was a wonderful and confident puppy and now is a wonderful and talented adult.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts