Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been contiplating this for a few weeks now and have decided it would be best to re-home my Mikey. I figure this is probably the best place to advertise him, we all love Poodles!

He is a great dog but for some reason it just isn't right. He does have a hang up with my husband and we can't figure out why. My husband try's to play with him, baby him, etc and its just not working. I really do like him but Im not finding myself in love with him. Its not fair to him either that I keep him knowing he's not being loved to the fullest. He is 10 months old, AKC reg., potty trained, great with kids, likes all my dogs, social with people (except my husband), I started show training him which he is GREAT at. He is a very nice representation of the breed. Im not asking much just $200.00 obo to loving home. Please let me know if know anyone or have any additional questions.

Thanks in advance for any help you can be in Mikey finding a loving home.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Oh my goodness Jenn! If I had the money and a way to pick him up I would take him in a heart beat! There's not a chance your heading to Oklahoma any time soon are ya? :tongue:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my goodness Jenn! If I had the money and a way to pick him up I would take him in a heart beat! There's not a chance your heading to Oklahoma any time soon are ya? :tongue:

LOL.... I wish I was going to Oklahoma, I'd bring him to you. Im always up for shipping him if you would like. Last I checked it was 175.00 to ship in US but thats been awhile and he weighs about 38-40 lbs. Not sure what they charge now.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Oh noes! Sorry it isn't working out with Mikey,
he is such a goregous boy! I agree with PP,
If I lived nearby, I would take him in a heartbeat!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Maybe posting:
Standard? Mini? Weight? Color? Fixed?

I know most of the info is in other places but posting it here may help newbies :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe posting:
Standard? Mini? Weight? Color? Fixed?

I know most of the info is in other places but posting it here may help newbies :)
Yes, also -- where in Cali are you? And if you don't want to post that to the forum, would you PM me? We might be interested.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, also -- where in Cali are you? And if you don't want to post that to the forum, would you PM me? We might be interested.
I live in Modesto, Ca. Not far from Davis (well to me not far). lol

Mr Mikey is a 10 month old, male Standard Poodle. He is considered Cafe Au Lait, AKC registered and intact. He really is a great dog and loves to be with his people (just not my husband lol) He is a lover type of Poodle..follows you everywhere and then lays down. lol He gets excited at times but over all very mellow. He is Potty trained (totally), doesn't care for the crate but will tollerate it, loves going on walks and runs to the park. Oh and great with kids. (thats a must) Well anyhow.... just let me know what you think Im not in a hurry to place him. Just would like to find him a loving forever home. PM me if you'd like and we can talk more.

Attachments

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
I live in Modesto, Ca. Not far from Davis (well to me not far). lol

Mr Mikey is a 10 month old, male Standard Poodle. He is considered Cafe Au Lait, AKC registered and intact. He really is a great dog and loves to be with his people (just not my husband lol) He is a lover type of Poodle..follows you everywhere and then lays down. lol He gets excited at times but over all very mellow. He is Potty trained (totally), doesn't care for the crate but will tollerate it, loves going on walks and runs to the park. Oh and great with kids. (thats a must) Well anyhow.... just let me know what you think Im not in a hurry to place him. Just would like to find him a loving forever home. PM me if you'd like and we can talk more.
Moose wants a friend???
How is he with other males? Is he playful if other dogs want to play or does he ignore?

I`ll PM you soon too :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Moose wants a friend???
How is he with other males? Is he playful if other dogs want to play or does he ignore?

I`ll PM you soon too :)
Very playful. He loves Eli, that's going to be the hardest I think. He acts like Eli is his big brother. Its very cute!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
LOL.... I wish I was going to Oklahoma, I'd bring him to you. Im always up for shipping him if you would like. Last I checked it was 175.00 to ship in US but thats been awhile and he weighs about 38-40 lbs. Not sure what they charge now.
Gah if I had 500 buck just laying around I would take you up on the offer! Good luck placing him.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok...This is very WEIRD but GREAT. My husband just got home about twenty minutes ago and Mikey jumped right into bed next to him. He laid his head on my husband too. WOW!

Its like he heard me talking about him leaving and decided to step it up suddenly. I feel soooo silly, but I think we should give him a little longer to come around. I would feel aweful re-homing him if he really wants to come around. Thank you everyone for considering to take him into your lives. I will certainly come here before I go anywhere else if he doesn't continue to improve. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Wow how strange, Jenn! Looks like Mikey is trying to turn over a
new leaf, LOL! I agree, give Mikey a chance to bond more with
your hubby and he may continue improving. ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Glad that maybe Mikey is coming around. I about fell over when I saw the title of this thread...living in IL probably kept me out of the running, but he is a cutie!

·
Registered
627 Posts
That's great. I'm sure it would have been a really tough decision. I'm so relieved that Max is getting along well with Abbie. He has been great for her though.

Hope he keeps it up. Does your husband feed him? That can help. Max mostly only listens to me, but when I'm not home, he minds Mike. I have our son feed him to try to keep him off the bottom of the pecking order! Abbie mostly ignores him (she was 4 when he was born) but Max pays attention.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is one opinion you probably don't want to hear, but bringing a dog into your home is supposed to be a life-long decision. You're not supposed to get rid of the dog because he isn't as affectionate as you'd like. That's like throwing a toy away that you no longer want. Not fair to the dog who you brought into your home and made a part of your family. Are you going to get rid of one of your kids, because that kid's personality is more withdrawn than the others?

So, I'm glad you have decided to keep him. I hope if he becomes cool with your husband again, you don't decide to get rid of him.

This may come off cold and judgemental but I'm thinking about Mikey. To him, you are his mother. Your home is his home. Your reasons for wanting to get rid of him are completely unacceptable.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
If he doesn't get along and is a wrong fit I don't see a reason to find a loving home who wants him... Ditching him at a shelter or on the street is different though ;)

Either way if you keep or find him a home (wish we could take him) I`m sure he will be in loving hands.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts