Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaaaaaaaaargh! After obedience class last night I met a couple out in front of the club building who had a Lab and a standard poodle. They told me they were planning to breed Labradoodles. My first response was "Oh! Please don't do that!" I decided that the best thing to explain was the problem with crossing a hair coat with a fur coat since it was obvious they did no do their own grooming. I went on to talk about how people had worked for years to improve each of those breeds and how cross breeding does not breed true. I mentioned that many Labradoodles did not have the temperament of either parent. Etc.

I sure hope I convinced them . . . but I fear I did not.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Oh my! Yes I'm sure it went in one er and out the other and probably no health testing on either breed. My neighbor has a doodle and so does her daughter. Both are really pretty especially my neighbors he is pure white and has a lovely coat for a doodle. The breeder they purchased from is pretty big and more a commercial operation now. The do have beautiful golden which I've always admired, you could pick them out of a crowd. Now they have both the goldnes and the doodles prices are extrodiary $3500. average. When you bring them home they do know how to use a doggies door to go out to potty and actually train very easy. When I was going to get Renn I couldn't decide I really wanted one of their golden but the price turned me off. Renn just happened to come along at the right time and I really got lucky getting him. I just got his AKC pedigree and he has a very nice one too and I didn't pay near that. Plus I got my poodle.

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
UGH!!!! :argh:

Can't fix stupid...

You said it ZM! While I have never had to deal with trying to convince clueless people not to produce doodles I have managed to convince a couple of people that they would be very happy as poodle (not doodle) owners. Score some points for poodles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts