Poodle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little momma’s boy is turning 5. Time flies.

Not so long ago it seems he had escaped through the front door, scared out of his mind in this new home he knew nothing about, but had come back on his own, knowing we were his safe place. Just thinking about it makes me tear up, I was so afraid I had lost him on the first few days he was with us.

Fast forward 3 1/2 years later, he is as well adjusted as he’ll ever be, and happy despite still being very anxious.

Today he is getting extra treats and extra cuddles, just the way he likes.

Happy birthday my love !

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
You have made a wonderful journey with this young man, sweet Merlin. so happy that the days of major frustration and doubts are all in the past.

Happy happy birthday Merlin you lucky dog!

Reactions: Dechi

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria , Mr. Leonard Pink , Ida Lou and Ussman
8,708 Posts
Happy 5th Birthday Merlin, enjoy your day sweet boy

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Happy Birthday Merlin! Dechi, you have been thru so much with this little one, and you (although you were tempted)never gave up! It makes him a little more special!

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Happy Birthday Merlin. I know your journey was a difficult one, but with Dechi there all the way, it is evident just how much you are loved.

·
Premium Member
10,728 Posts
Happy Birthday, Merlin! I remember his early, over-the-top, anxious videos. It broke my heart, that his busy little brain and body couldn’t relax for even a second. You didn’t give up, and while he’s never going to be chill, he’s able to enjoy life. Cheers to you both!

·
Registered
10,519 Posts
:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: to a very sweet little Merlin.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Happy Birthday Merlin. You have come a long way baby. And with a mama as awesome as Dechi, you have flourished. You couldn't have gotten a better home. Lots of good wishes for many comforting and happy years ahead.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm wishes for Merlin!

We had a nice day and even played outside in the partly grassy backyard for the first time this year ! Merlin was happy to chase his little sister around, and vice-versa... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.