Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems mm, just thought I could show you a couple of things. Its not as easy as it shows on the vids, but its an example. Best thing to try and do is use your male to practice on. Grow his coat and just try trims and spraying. You will see other videos within these, one show a topknot band being put in. This man owns the Jackpot dog which is the worlds leading dog. Unfortunately the video is fast.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Oh no doubt it is harder showing than it looks, I am actually wanting
to do it next year when they are having the AKC show in the town next
to me, hopefully I will find a puppy to work with to show by then.

That little toy poodle in the vid is so full of life, so tiny! :eek::D

Also spraying the top knot vid is very educational, I'm going to try
that when my poodle's hair grows out.:)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
wow! I didn't even know they used spray - lol -no wonder the hair stays so nicely in place. I just gave my two standards a bath - glad that's over! ginger looks so much redder when she is clean! lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Sivaro,

Do you have a litter on the ground now. Do you ship to US or keep your dogs close to home? When we have had dogs shipped here from Europe I think it costed about $600.00 US dollars. Which isn't bad. Virginia to California cost us 180.00 so Europe to US 600.00 (not bad at all) I don't know what pups go for in Australia but here is 1,800.00- 2,500.00 for show potential. If your going to pay 2000.00 for a dog why not add on 600.00 for a dog from someone you know.

Just a thought Mercymoon. Getting your dogs over to the US is great exposure for a breeder. It just needs to get into the right hands.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sivaro,

Do you have a litter on the ground now. Do you ship to US or keep your dogs close to home? When we have had dogs shipped here from Europe I think it costed about $600.00 US dollars. Which isn't bad. Virginia to California cost us 180.00 so Europe to US 600.00 (not bad at all) I don't know what pups go for in Australia but here is 1,800.00- 2,500.00 for show potential. If your going to pay 2000.00 for a dog why not add on 600.00 for a dog from someone you know.

Just a thought Mercymoon. Getting your dogs over to the US is great exposure for a breeder. It just needs to get into the right hands.
I have been asked many a time, nearly sold to one lady in the US who wanted my minis desperately. Last minute her money didnt come through so it didnt happen. I guess I would if I trusted the person whom Im speaking to. They would have to be a showie ofcourse, why buy a dog just for breeding when you can show it off and give it a name and make it known to the US. I wouldnt put something in someones home unless I would show that particular dog myself. Im very fussy with what I do show. My breeding comes from top lines, US, Norway, Australia, UK. And my friend and mentor always checks after I do. She is a all breeds judge, and an international judge. Well known to alot in the US as she has tone alot of trimming when she goes on holidays over there.

She brought out a Broadbay dog (white) Jessis dad, Jessi is the mum to these pups. He contains the white and blacks in his pedigree. Lovely example of the breed who alot in Australia need to use to improve their lines. Jessi is my best bitch here. Always showing her style and everyone that meets her just falls head over heels for her. My prices are $2,500.00 Aus for show quality, some at $2,000.00. The part alot of ppl dont realise is ontop of that comes export papers, extra shots, and flying the dog into the country. Have no idea how much the extra is. So its a costly venture.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I asked yahoo answers and they said I can show the new puppy
I get as long as he is registered with AKC and they won't do any
digging on his past history unless he becomes a CH.

Someone else stated they won't need to see his Pedigree because
if he is AKC registered they will already have it in their files.

I still plan on purchasing his 3 generation pedigree though.

Also, what eligibility requirements in the written standard for it's breed
should a miniature poodle meet?

Sorry for all these questions!:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts