Poodle Forum banner

Member introduction

3K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Ava. 
#1 ·
I’m so glad that I found this forum of friendly and supportive poodle people. I just realized that I jumped right in without introducing myself.

After losing my 13 year old sweet parti boy I didn’t really want another dog. But after a few months I realized that our empty nest home needed a dog. I applied for a few poodle and poodle mix rescues but in the age of COVID, small, young, non-shedding dogs are nearly impossible to adopt.

I contacted the AKC poodle breeder referral service and started emailing mini breeders that I could drive to from outside of Philadelphia. Making my way down the list, again due to COVID, no one had any puppies. I was only looking at breeders who were actively showing for conformation and who health tested their dogs.

I thought twice before contacting Richard of Aery Poodles in NC, a 9 hour drive from Philly. Richard told me that all the puppies in his recent litter had been sold except for 2 which he kept for himself, with the intention of ultimately only keeping one. When he called me 2 months later to offer me his 10 week-old silver male, I thought I had won the lottery! My husband and I drove 9 hours each way, eating nothing but fast food in our car for 2 days to get him. It was worth every bit of the effort.

While I still miss my parti boy terribly, Remy has brought so much life into our home. I’m looking forward to the world opening up and the many adventures we are going to share.

See less See more
#4 ·
What a beautiful pup - I hope you have many happy years together, and look forward to reading about your adventures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.