Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I tried to post yesterday, but didn't see my Introduction appear so we will try again.

I have been a longtime lurker and finally got around to registering. I have a 10 year old miniature poodle named Riley who joined the family four years ago. In September, the opportunity unexpectedly arose to add a toy poodle. Avery is approximately 1 year old. The family also includes a 7 year old Tonkinese cat named Maggie.

We enjoy obedience and agility. Many years ago I also participated in conformation and lure coursing events with other breeds. We've also taken classes in freestyle and noseworks. We are always up for trying new things.

Riley is the life of the party everywhere he goes and has been since day 1. He especially loves showing everyone at agility class that small dogs are FAST. Avery is still acclimating to his new home and has made great progress especially over the past four weeks. He's completed his first obedience course and is now attending weekly drop in classes plus going to watch big brother Riley at agility each week. We are going slow, and I know the possibilities are endless with Avery.

We look forward to being part of the forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures

Here are pictures of my boys. Riley is sailing over the last jump for his ACT2 title, and Avery is graduating from his first obedience class.

Photos by Randy McCracken.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hello and welcome to the party, I hope you enjoy participating in the discussion.

You're dogs look like real winners. :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you have beautiful and talented poodles. There are several members here that also compete with their dogs. I am sure you will be hearing from them soon. I have had many dogs in my lifetime but have my 1st st. poodle Renn who turned 1 this month. I have not competed, perhaps if I were younger with better legs, lol So Renn is my companioning although I think he would love to run with someone.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Welcome! I look forward to hearing about your dogs in agility and obedience since those are some of my interests, too.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Welcome to you and your poodles I always enjoy reading posts from our members who compete - whether agility, obedience, tracking, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I loved your post and the success your having with your dogs. I know the work that goes into it. I'm also in NC and am on the hunt for a great family dog and agility prospect.

For some reason I wasn't able to see the pictures. Hopefully I'll get that worked out. 2 years from now I hope to be posting pictures of our first trial. Looking forward to hearing more about your dogs.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and your beautiful poodles. Great action shot of Riley flying over a jump. .

Reactions: AgilityPoodles

·
Registered
476 Posts
Welcome, Agility Poodles! I hope you will share your story about how your youngest dog came to you. It sounds like there is a story there!

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
Welcome to PF to you and your littles! Some of the best obedience and agility dogs I've ever seen have been toy and miniature poodles.

Reactions: AgilityPoodles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, Agility Poodles! I hope you will share your story about how your youngest dog came to you. It sounds like there is a story there!
Thank you for the welcome. I wasn't looking to add another member to the family, but an opportunity arose that I could not pass up. I saw Avery's picture and knew he belonged with me. I was just fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
Welcome to you, Riley and Avery. We have some very experienced performance members who are generous with suggestions. I’m in the cheering section:)

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Welcome to PF! Glad you decided to join in, and hope to see lots of pics and hear of your beautiful poodles accomplishments!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts