Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the way my friend used to have her groomed (shaved body, fluffy ears, tail and topknot) 4th.JPG

This is how I have her now Meisha now.jpg

This is another poodle on the groomer's instagram page: porschia.PNG

I like the shorter top knot and the non fluffed ears. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,702 Posts
I like the German clip (the head of the dog on your groomer's insta), especially on solid colored dogs. Good choice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love the shorter ears! I say go for it.

Reactions: Meisha

·
Registered
596 Posts
We had short ears on Bobby for over a year. Loved them! They are so soft and definitely easy to groom. I say, go for it! It is fun to change poodle hairstyles. Just because we wanted a change we are growing Bobby’s ears out now. I’m guessing we’ll go short again at some point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am partial to the fluffy poodle ears, and I think your girl looks just darling in her current cut... however, I think she is going to look adorable either way! If you think you would like the German look, I say go for it. Hair will always grow back if you find that you don't like it as much later. :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
I love solid white poodles in short clips with short ears. I do like it extra when they have a rounded top knot and some extra length left on the lower legs (like little short leg warmers). At any rate, hair will grow.

My last trim of Violet I thought I was giving her bracelets, but when I woke up the next morning and took another look at her I realized she had bell bottoms. I decided that was just fine. I'll try again on the next groom day. Lesson learned: go with the flow- the hair will grow!

Reactions: Meisha
1 - 20 of 27 Posts