Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and a first time Standard poodle owner. Today we bought our sweet Willow home! She is 8 weeks old and has a lovely personality. She is a very light off white kinda pale cream with pink skin and white nails. Her sister is a darker cream. I was told that she is a cream but the vet said she is an apricot. Do you think she will lighten or darken? Either way we will love this sweet girl but I'm curious.
IMG_20200212_130327.jpg

Premium Member
Welcome to you and Willow - glad you found us.

Registered
Welcome to you and Willow. She鈥檚 so cute, she looks like a stuffed toy.

My guess is she鈥檚 cream and will lighten to white. I had an apricot minipoo as a child and an apricot tpoo when my kids were little. They had far more color as a puppy and both became almost white with some apricot in the ears as adults.

I highly recommend you start getting your puppy used to grooming ASAP. Usually the breeder starts the process a few weeks before they go home, but I see your dog鈥檚 face isn鈥檛 shaved so I assume the breeder didn鈥檛 do anything. Puppies should have short grooming sessions to begin to help them develop good behavior for a lifetime of grooming. It鈥檚 important at this young age to get used to having their face shaved, sanitary area trimmed etc. If you want a shaggy face you can grow it shaggy when they are closer to a year old and they have learned to accept the process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts