Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to "look" at puppies yesterday...yeah, right! I was looking at female partis when this little guy came and sat at my feet and looked up at me. Then he put his paw on my knee and his head in my lap. I moved him away so I could pick up a little girl who ran from me. Next thing I know I have a paw on my lap and I'm getting puppy kisses, very gentle puppy kisses on my face. He would not leave me! His dam came over to me and stared me in the eye...looked at Ryder, looked at me, looked at Ryder....then LICKED my face. So, while the little girls were chasing each other around, Ryder was sitting at my feet at begging me to cuddle him. I couldn't refuse.

I know I said I wanted a female, preferably a phantom or one with color, and pretty much any color but cream or white. I guess sometimes it's not about what you want but what wants you....Ryder wanted me and I fell in love with THE sweetest puppy I've ever met. He is such a dream and what a cuddler! He's 10 weeks old, not a "she," and he's a creamy color. Hubby is in love too!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm amazed it how quickly he picks thing up. I taught him to sit in about 2 minutes. He is so cute and awkward. He's all legs and he's still trying to figure out how to run. He makes me laugh! The other dogs are still getting used to him, but they are coming around. He is just so much bigger than they are he is a bit intimidating. He slept the entire 2 hrs back home, and he slept in a kennel for the first time and he was quiet all night. No mess in the kennel either. Did I mention....I'M IN LOVE?!?!?! LOL!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Oh he's darling, I love his face. He's going to have a beautiful expression.

Is he creme or apricot? I can never tell but he looks apricot to me.

I can't wait to see pics as he gets older!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He looks cream to me. She had an apricot but he is much lighter. Also, his dam is a black/white parti and sire is chocolate. Ryder looks like he might be cream/white parti, but we'll just have to wait and see. He has the kindest eyes, just like his dad. He's everything I didn't want...but he is everything I really wanted. I was so impressed with the temperaments of his parents. I'm just excited right now! Sorry to babble on.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Very cute. He looks a bit like Olie. Olie is apricot, but I guess ligh apricot. I can see why your in love!

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Oooooooooooooh! Congratulations!! :) Don't forget to change the info under your avatar picture to include Ryder's information! I'm so glad that you and your puppy got to pick each other! Love your story! Keep the pictures coming... he's beautiful!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ryder DOES look like Olie! I hope he stays this color. I like contrast and he has light, medium and dark tones. As long as he stays sweet and healthy. That's what is important. He already lets me know when he has to go out. I'm amazed! Jaxxon, who just turned 2, has FINALLY decided to go outside. He will let me know now. Cisko...well, he's still a work in progress but doing much better.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Your liitle story here is wonderful, and the puppy is adorable. You won't be sorry you got a boy. Your relationship with him will astound you especially when it started off like it did. Congratulations, and ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm in love with Ryder, too. Your story almost makes me cry! He knew who he wanted, and his mom gave her approval. What a sweet boy he is. Keep us posted with more stories and pics.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ryder was born on Sept 5th so he is 11 weeks old. I've been blessed with another Virgo in my life! My Mom (3rd) and my son (9th). Hubby and were married on the 7th! That will be a busy week with celebrations in the future! LOL!

He is getting used to the crate routine already. He barks for less than 5 minutes then settles right down and goes to sleep. He understands when I say "potty" and goes right to the door. I just can't believe how fast he is learning. I've never had such a young puppy "get it" so quickly. My kids never learned this fast. LOLOL!

·
Registered
578 Posts
What a wonderful story. With dogs it's often not what we want but what the dog wants! He knew you guys belonged together.

·
Registered
300 Posts
He's adorable! Congratulations on being selected by such an awesome puppy! You're going to have a blast!

·
Registered
897 Posts
He's so cute! Congratulations! He needs to come and give Fonzie some potty lessons!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts