Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He doesn't have a name yet, but I'm leaning toward Louis. He is solid black with a very long tail. He's 2 months old and was the only surviving member of his litter. They were born to a feral cat underneath someone's deck and the others died because of the heat. He's feisty and I think that's why he survived. :)

Just brought him home this afternoon. Teddy is already trying to make sure he's clean all over and is trying to get him to play. He's a little rough though, considering how tiny the kitten is now. Give him a couple of weeks and he'll be ready to rumble Teddy style.

My older cat Mickey is not so sure, but he acted exactly the same way every time I brought my late cat Gizzie home from the vet, growling and hissing and acting all IMA MESS YOU UP IF YOU COME ANY CLOSER. The baby is living in Teddy's crate for the time being. Once Mickey comes around, and the kitten gets a little bigger, I'll let him spend more time out with Mr. T.

I fed him Wellness tonight and he ate it, so no Fancy Feast for this little boy!

I'm open to name suggestions, but it has to be an actual boy's name. I'm only considering Louis because that's what he was called at his foster home. It's also my Dad's middle name. LOL

I have wanted a black cat forever, and now I have one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Oh my gosh he is so cute! He looks like my kitty Ickis (Ickis Inky Binx, is his whole name, lol)! Louis is really cute, would you call him Louie?

I always wanted to name a black cat Berlioz, like the black kitten from The AristoCats... that was my favorite movie as a little kid!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Actually, I think the foster lady was calling him Louie and not Louis. If I name him that, I probably will too, but I don't want that song stuck in my head every time I call the cat.

It's bad enough having one called Mickey...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What an adorable little guy! I like Pete :) Pete sounds tough but not mean. Louis is really cute too! Whatever name you choose, I know the little dude has an awesome home!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I *still* haven't decided on a name. Pete is a good name--added it to the short list.

He's dying to get out of that crate, but I don't want Teddy carrying him around like a ragdoll. He needs to get a little bigger before I can let them play.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
So cute! I have a soft spot for the black cats. I have my gorgeous girl, Addy, b/c no one else wanted a black cat. (I had already commited to taking her sister and ended up w/ both of them.) Jokes on them, she is stunning and very low maintence.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the name Addy. It's so pretty.

I think I've settled on the name Sam, at least for now. LOL

I can't believe people really believe superstitions, but they do! I've already had one person tell me she would never have a black cat. :rolffleyes:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! He was sleeping on my shoulder while I watched TV tonight. It's been a while since I had a cat small enough to do that and still be able to see the TV. :D

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Congratulations on your darling new kitten!!! I love the photos of him with his "big brother" (didn't think your Teddy could look "big"!). My vet has a beautiful black cat named "Blackmail." A friend of mine had a stunning BIG black cat named, "Vincent Can Go!" because he could jump from the kitchen table to the top of the refrigerator and then "fly" down and run around the house. I'm sure Mickey will get used to the interloper in no time. I'm so happy your were able to rescue "Louie," I know he'll have great life with you. Enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I can't believe people really believe superstitions, but they do! I've already had one person tell me she would never have a black cat. :rolffleyes:
We had a black cat who we named Triskaidekaphobia (which is the fear of the number 13 - it was funny to us because one of my luckiest numbers is 13!!) :lol:

Just so you don't feel too bad for good, ol' Triskaidekaphobia, we called her Trixie! :)

ps... Teddy's new squeaky toy is adorable! :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
i love love love him! i want an itty bitty kitty, but i always have adults come live w/ me.

right now i have a black cat, monkey. she is great x a zillion niece to my old cat (black of course) jezebel who lived 17 yrs.

teddy and sam will be great friends.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can see why you called yours Monkey, faerie. Sam's face reminds me of one.

Thanks, taxtell. I'm glad you said you were a fan of Anne Rice--I couldn't tell. :D

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
LOL!! I immediatly thought Louie the vampire when i saw Louis!!! I heart Louis and Lestat! I want to name a pet after both!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts