Poodle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I am so happy for you. I can't wait for this new boy to get settled in, so we can start hearing about your adventures.Sailor is still hanging out with me. Today he started to snatch a bag of chicken strips while we were standing inches away from him.I wanted to be mad at him for stealing, and yet I found myself feeling proud of him for still knowing how to be a thief. He looked me right in the eye and I swear he said, "I am old!" Keep it up pup.Let's see how long you can play that card!

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ryder makes me laugh. I don't think I've ever had a more vocal dog. Whines, coughs, moans, when he wants something. Anything to get my attention. He's funny. His howl/whine is virtuosity. lol
Vastly different personality too of course. He loves being outside, tethered, so he can keep an eye on the neighbourhood. He alerts me when the Taliban from the phone company come sneaking up to work on the pilaster at the end of the driveway. Dangerous creatures, those technicians! lol

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Sounds like you're looking on the bright side of Ryder's vocality. Was Diane able to fill you in on his background? Why was he rehomed? And apologies if you explained this before and I missed it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also curious! he sounds like such a lovely boy :)

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Why was he rehomed? And apologies if you explained this before and I missed it.
Awwww.... the poor lad couldn't pass a sperm test any more. :(
So... a retired stud. He was bred twice.
Since I announced his new home, in the Cantope forum, people have been sending pix of his puppies.
I'm feeling like a grandfather all over again! lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well Happy VDay to me. :)
I'm going this afternoon to pick up a brand new roommate - Ryder.
Dunno anything about him yet other than that he's five years old and needs a home for some reason.
We'll be a perfect fit... 'cos my couch is lacking a dog.
And my life is lacking a dog....

View attachment 473686
Dunno anything about him yet other than that he's five years old and needs a home for some reason.

View attachment 473686
gorgeous

·
Registered
506 Posts
It wasn't a rescue, it was a re-home. A retired breeding boyo <3

Reactions: Countryboy

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 473686
Love Ryder, if for any reason, things don't work out. I would be thrilled to have him. I will be getting my 4legged little girl next weekend
They would be a beautiful pair since my baby is apricot parti poodle. Pictures to follow!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
@ Countryboy ...... Waiting, waiting, ..... waiting for more information about Ryder and his background....
Yes, rehomed dogs often try to escape and go find their prior beloved owner. They have no idea why they had to go live elsewhere, even if their new home and owner is awesome :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haha - I've got a motion detector again. When I move, he jumps.
So I try not to move much...
I brought him in and just let him wander for a couple of hours.
Looks like he's half-way settled now.
Here he is... all nervous in his new home. lol
And turning a beautiful cafe-au-lait. :)

View attachment 473696
He's gorgeous. Hard to believe someone had to give him up.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
How did I miss this wonderful thread ? My friend CB got a new companion ! Ryder is quite the looker and seems to have an entertaining personality as well. Congratulations !

His escape reminded me of Merlin when I got him. He went out the door and flew, but came back because he realized he was too scared outside. Poor guy. I’m glad that nice woman got Ryder back for you.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ryder is so very handsome. I'm glad you have a loving companion again. He is a lucky dog to have found you!

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
What a difference in personalities.
Tonka wouldn't approach me for anything, he was solidly aloof. Reluctant, recalcitrant, a bunch of other 're' words, and the pickiest eater I've ever seen.
Ryder free feeds on kibble... all by himself. No soaking and mixing in wet food. Plain kibble in a plain bowl... my kind'a dog. :)
And vocal! From a mezzo soprano to a baritone... quite a range of whines and howls. He talks to the Squirrels thru the patio door. Funny guy!
Tonka went outside for his business, then wanted back in again. Ryder will happily spend a couple of hours outside on his Flexi... surveying his neighbourhood.
His favourite contact is a back scratch, and he'll demand one over and over. Rest his chin on my arm or my leg, hoping I'll pay attention to him. And whining of course. lol
I do give him a 20 minute all over scratch once or twice a day. [Great bonding I think.]
But he understands a quiet 'No' and will simply go away and lie down too.
I'm liking this dog... thanks Diane. :)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts