Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,012 Posts
She looks like a phantom to me, too, and an absolute poppet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you! it's very strange cos both her parents are blue -and all her siblings black (prob turn blue around 3-4 years!)

not a colours expert but wonder how that happens! lady says she never had this colouration before

·
Super Moderator
5,052 Posts
Thanks for posting. It's really interesting how the phantom markings are interacting with the blue/silver. I wonder if she will end up blue and gold, like a Yorkshire or Silken terrier.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Her face looks like it’s sable. Maybe blue sable? Cannot be cream sable as if she were cream (ee) then red/cream/ apricot covers all other markings. Some dogs leak other patterns that they have but it fades over time. So if she were sable it would be ay/at (with the at/phantom leaking through but will fade) since sable is more dominant. Ask on poodle color genetics forum on Facebook I’m sure they would know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Her face looks like it’s sable. Maybe blue sable? Cannot be cream sable as if she were cream (ee) then red/cream/ apricot covers all other markings. Some dogs leak other patterns that they have but it fades over time. So if she were sable it would be ay/at (with the at/phantom leaking through but will fade) since sable is more dominant. Ask on poodle color genetics forum on Facebook I’m sure they would know.
Hi all! W

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seriously In need of some help! Picolo had a groom today and got shaved (her hair was too long and matted due to lockdowns).

Im struggling to see what colour she is/will be and sad that she’s growing up so fast! She has got super light for 10 months pup!Can someone shed light on what her colour will be pls?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
TeknoPOP!
680 Posts
Seriously In need of some help! Picolo had a groom today and got shaved (her hair was too long and matted due to lockdowns).

Im struggling to see what colour she is/will be and sad that she’s growing up so fast! She has got super light for 10 months pup!Can someone shed light on what her colour will be pls?
oh this ones easy, she’s cream sable :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
My boy Rusty is a sable and has a cream muzzle which makes it highly likely that he will clear to cream.

I didnt know that poodles faded with age when I bought him (from a non professional breeder).

As a puppy with our lovely collie Tass (rip) and now, seven months old with our labrador, Jojo.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal Companion dog
Dog Water dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! Is it normal to have phanthom markings previously and fade to a pure silver/cream sable or? Very strange to see a puppy go from black and sable markings to a silver/grey! Is it normal? Quite sad to see my puppy change colours (not the colour per se but just how she’s changing/growing too fast :( )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My boy Rusty is a sable and has a cream muzzle which makes it highly likely that he will clear to cream.

I didnt know that poodles faded with age when I bought him (from a non professional breeder).

As a puppy with our lovely collie Tass (rip) and now, seven months old with our labrador, Jojo. View attachment 481825 View attachment 481826
Very cute! And I didn’t expect mine to fade so drastically as well!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.