Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20191223_164424.jpg
We are so thrilled to introduce this little lady. She has absolutely stolen our hearts. I know the hard work of puppy-raising is only just beginning, but so far we feel like we've won the lottery. She has been a happy, confident, affectionate little girl, very tuned in to us and super easy-going about a 6 hour car ride, crate training (not a peep!), and meeting family and friends. We are working hard to remember all of the "do's and don'ts that we have so carefully researched over the last few months so we don't make TOO many rookie mistakes!?

We are still in negotiations over her name ?, but so far it looks like "Willow" is going to stick.

I am so grateful to Tabatha of NOLA Standards for entrusting us with this little sweetheart. ❤❤

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
View attachment 463292 We are so thrilled to introduce this little lady. She has absolutely stolen our hearts. I know the hard work of puppy-raising is only just beginning, but so far we feel like we've won the lottery. She has been a happy, confident, affectionate little girl, very tuned in to us and super easy-going about a 6 hour car ride, crate training (not a peep!), and meeting family and friends. We are working hard to remember all of the "do's and don'ts that we have so carefully researched over the last few months so we don't make TOO many rookie mistakes!?

We are still in negotiations over her name ?, but so far it looks like "Willow" is going to stick.

I am so grateful to Tabatha of NOLA Standards for entrusting us with this little sweetheart. ❤❤
Willow is as fabulous as can be. All of Tabitha’s are, and you did win the lottery with one of her pups! Congratulations! Looking forward to watching her grow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! We were on the RSVP list with Tabatha for 4 months, but I never wanted to mention it because it still seemed too good to be true! ?

I sure appreciate all the advice I've gleaned from you poodle pros. I'm sure I'll be around will lots of questions in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
So glad you posted a picture of your new baby! I've been wondering if it all worked out. Hope to see yall out and about some day. She is absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So glad you posted a picture of your new baby! I've been wondering if it all worked out. Hope to see yall out and about some day. She is absolutely beautiful!
Thank you! We'll be starting puppy classes at FUNdamental Dog as soon as she can...thank you for the recommendation!!

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Congratulations on your gorgeous puppy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Oh my goodness! So cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
View attachment 463292 We are so thrilled to introduce this little lady. She has absolutely stolen our hearts. I know the hard work of puppy-raising is only just beginning, but so far we feel like we've won the lottery. She has been a happy, confident, affectionate little girl, very tuned in to us and super easy-going about a 6 hour car ride, crate training (not a peep!), and meeting family and friends. We are working hard to remember all of the "do's and don'ts that we have so carefully researched over the last few months so we don't make TOO many rookie mistakes!?

She is gorgeous, and you have a winner getting a pup from NOLA Standards. I'd also love one of there pups! I recently saw (on line) one of the blacks she bred, so inky black she looked purple. I love the name "Willow" and if my boy get a sister one day I also love the name Violet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
View attachment 463292 We are so thrilled to introduce this little lady. She has absolutely stolen our hearts. I know the hard work of puppy-raising is only just beginning, but so far we feel like we've won the lottery. She has been a happy, confident, affectionate little girl, very tuned in to us and super easy-going about a 6 hour car ride, crate training (not a peep!), and meeting family and friends. We are working hard to remember all of the "do's and don'ts that we have so carefully researched over the last few months so we don't make TOO many rookie mistakes!

We are still in negotiations over her name , but so far it looks like "Willow" is going to stick.

I am so grateful to Tabatha of NOLA Standards for entrusting us with this little sweetheart.
Welcome! She's stunning!

We also have a Willow - our lovely silver beige mini-poodle.

Happy Holidays!

Nicola
Amor, Willow and Kiki's mom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RiverWho

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I was not surprised to read NOLA and Tabatha in lovely Willow's introduction. Such a refined red girl one only finds in a very few places. Beauty and brains ?!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you! We were on the RSVP list with Tabatha for 4 months, but I never wanted to mention it because it still seemed too good to be true! ?

I sure appreciate all the advice I've gleaned from you poodle pros. I'm sure I'll be around will lots of questions in the coming weeks.
She looks great. We picked up our little red from Tabatha the week that your litter was dropping. Freya looks almost identical to Willow, even though it's obviously different parents.

Rather than the normal 8-9 week pickup, we got Freya at 12 weeks, which adds some additional challenges, but all in all, she's great.

I'm a big believer in Ian Dunbar's crate/playpen method. If you haven't already checked it out, I would take a look.

·
Premium Member
4,113 Posts
Oh you are so lucky to get a NOLA puppy. I have dreamed of having a NOLA dog (well, maybe in the future) Your Willow is beautiful.with such brilliant color.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She looks great. We picked up our little red from Tabatha the week that your litter was dropping. Freya looks almost identical to Willow, even though it's obviously different parents.

Rather than the normal 8-9 week pickup, we got Freya at 12 weeks, which adds some additional challenges, but all in all, she's great.

I'm a big believer in Ian Dunbar's crate/playpen method. If you haven't already checked it out, I would take a look.

Oh, tell Freya hello from her little cousin! I can certainly see the family resemblance. ? Who are her parents?

Thank you for the suggestion! I did read Ian Dunbar but need to review...I feel like I have all this info in my head and still working in putting it into practice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts