Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi poodle lovers,
I love this forum - I've been a lurker but was too shy to join up & say anything, I've just been gathering information from all the posts and greatly appreciate all I've learned. My husband Mike & I adopted an apricot standard poodle pup from Petfinder.com in September at 8 weeks old, and she is such a joy! Lily is the sweetest, smartest puppy ever!!! I am not computer savvy enough to attach pictures so I hope my avatar shows up. :der:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! Everyone here is very friendly as you must have noticed and full on information on all kinds of things! Lilly looks like a sweetie =)
Kisses and wiggles from Westley & I

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
:waves:
Glad you decided to join us!
Lily is very pretty, and she will bring more and more joy to
you and your husband as time rolls by!

BTW, I love petfinder.com :)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Congrats on your new pup. Lily is adorable. My standard male is a cream. He was 10 mo. old when I got him, but I can imagine him looking a lot like Lily as a young pup.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our first Poodle

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I searched Petfinder every day to find a puppy because in September 07 we adopted a super handsome BIG yellow lab named Austin. He was dumped at a kill shelter after his family moved, and the new landlord wouldn't allow a dog. We took him into our home and hearts, and fell hard. He had the best manners ever, and these huge baseball sized feet. Five months later he developed a bloody nose he couldn't shake, and it turned out to be brain cancer. We had to euthanize him April 1st, and it broke our hearts. So even though we have an older dog at home (Bentley, ½ golden ½ lab X adopted at age 4, just turned 12 Dec 1st) we wanted a puppy so our hearts would not be broken so soon (Austin was 10 and everyone warned us not to adopt him, but I don't regret it because at least he died being loved, rather than alone in a shelter). I found a litter of 10 pups born from a puppy mill rescue dog who happened to be pregnant and put in a plea to adopt one. We were accepted, and drove 5 hours to Bangor, Maine to pick her up Sept 14th. She sat on my lap the entire drive home, and the love affair started...even Bentley adores her!:in-love:
My husband thought up the name Lily because we had gone on a "date" in August to a lily farm in Vermont and had a great time. It fits her perfectly as she is as sweet as a flower.:love:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry for your lost of Austin. R.I.P
Lily is a doll. I can't wait to see more pictures of her. I'm so happy for both of you. :hello:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hi poodle lovers,
I love this forum - I've been a lurker but was too shy to join up & say anything, I've just been gathering information from all the posts and greatly appreciate all I've learned. My husband Mike & I adopted an apricot standard poodle pup from Petfinder.com in September at 8 weeks old, and she is such a joy! Lily is the sweetest, smartest puppy ever!!! I am not computer savvy enough to attach pictures so I hope my avatar shows up. :der:
Lily looks adorable! hope to learn to post the pix - can see the avatar but of course we like closeups! lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts