Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's 10 months old and 27 inches tall. He's a giant! I picked him up two days ago and he's been nothing but sweet and well behaved since. This is my first real poodle and I'm smitten! I have tried to attach a couple of pictures...I hope it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
He looks like a sweet boy! Just wait till he's comfortable in his surroundings, if you think you are smitten now your going to be in total love!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh wow that is big for a 10 month old!! He's awfully adorable though, he looks like a sweet heart. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
What a great puppy! He sure looks like a sweetheart - love those eyes! Is there a chance you might be able to keep him? Around here (near an air force base) there are families that are fostering pets for deployed service people...a wonderful cause:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been fostering for a poodle rescue group and have found wonderful homes for two great dogs. The first was the hardest to let go because I had her for over two months.

I originally got involved because I was looking for a rescue poodle to adopt. He seems perfect but now that I have fostered I feel a little guilty because if I keep him I don't know how I could take on another as a foster (I work full time and live alone). It really is very rewarding to take an unwanted untrained dog and get him ready for a home that will want him forever.

He's getting more relaxed. He does everything my dog Hoot does so he's practically self training! I brought him to work yesterday afternoon and he slept quietly behind my desk until it was time to go home.

He's already far snugglier than any dog I've had for years (Hoot's just not that into it). I can hear me trying to talk me into it.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
He's awesome!!! He looks like my Flip.

How is his personality???

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jackson is still a little shy. The first day Hoot tried to get him to play by pushing him with his chest. That was just too aggressive for Jack and it made him go off by himself to a corner. The next day Hoot changed tactics and rolled belly up at his feet, nibbling on his leg. That worked. Now they play joyously together.

Jackson is very smart. At first he only seemed to know Sit and No. But he does whatever Hoot does. It's almost like he's self teaching.

He is a puppy so he chews and tinkles innappropiately. Otherwise he's perfect!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Awesome!

So you're fostering him for how long?
I admire you for that, I'd be a 'Foster Failure'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts