Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I just got my first poodle on Sunday! She is a beautiful silver standard called India! She is 10 weeks old today. She is so cute; I fell in love with her at the breeder's. She is so smart it amazing she ran in the house and jumped on her bed! She is playful yet she can calm right down and just relax and be tickled.

She is like a little lamb! :sheep:

This is India enjoying her new bed! :love:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
India... what a beautiful name for a beautiful poodle. :) Congratulations on the new puppy! She is gorgeous, really. I look forward to seeing pics of her as she grows and changes colors! Silvers are so magnificent, and it's really fun to see the color change a little with each groom, haha.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
She's so cute. What's making them call her a silver? She looks black. I'm not 100% on all of the colors when they are puppies so I always ask.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's so cute. What's making them call her a silver? She looks black. I'm not 100% on all of the colors when they are puppies so I always ask.
I'm not 100% certain on this either however she is black now but she will turn silver soon with the coat changes. most silver puppies are born black.

if any one could add onto this please feel free.

and thank you she is adorable and very cheeky. thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
India is a cutie and has the sweetest expression.

I am not sure what color she is going to be, but the way you tell a silver puppy from a black is when you shave the face. Apparently silver puppies will have a much lighter face once shaved.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
India is a cutie and has the sweetest expression.

I am not sure what color she is going to be, but the way you tell a silver puppy from a black is when you shave the face. Apparently silver puppies will have a much lighter face once shaved.
Yeah she's got gray hair on her face, there's not many but they are there. Also underneath the pads of their feet there are silver hairs. We know she is silver because she has a silver mum and a white father. :) thansk for helping out poodle lover

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
oh, she is gorgeous!!! Most silver pups have a BRIGHT silver face by 6 weeks old, so it is unusual that she's taken so long to come through, perhaps she's blue? She's gogeous anyway! Gosh I love poodle pups...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Congrats on your girl. I would agree that this puppy looks like a Blue. Was she sold to you as a Silver? At 10 weeks a Silver poodle will have a much lighter sterling or platinum colored face. Your girl's face is a dusky pewter color.

A Silver bred to a white could very easily produce Blue especially if the white has no silver behind it because white with black pigment carries the "black" gene with it.

Anyway.... we say "Love the dog, not the color!" That is unless you paid a premium for a Silver and then I think I might want to have a conversation with your breeder.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
What a pretty little girl.

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
She is absolutely beautiful. I have to agree though. After watching my Mom's silver babies, whose faces were always bright silver when their faces were first clipped (at about 4 weeks old) I would say India is a blue. Blue can be a stunning colour too, so don't despair.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I would agree that this pup looks like she is blue. It is not light enough in the muzzle to be a silver. I have a blue male just turned 1 year and he has been very slow to turn but he is definitely blue too. he has little light hairs on his muzzle too. Very beautiful pup!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone!

I am not sure about her colour anymore. We will just have to wait and see what happens :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
welcom she is very cute I love the name also :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts