Poodle Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats! What a cutie! Our pup is now 17 weeks and she came home at 9. She slept in her family room crate for about a week with me on the sofa. She settled quickly and when I moved her to our bedroom into a metal crate with a cover she never made a peep. Please post lots of pics! We love puppy pics!🐾❤
That's good to know! What made you move her to the bedroom after she settled into the family room?

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
84 Posts
We never intended for her to sleep alone and always planned on her being in our room at night just like our old girl. I don't worry about a pup keeping me awake and just don't stress about it and they seem to relax much faster and get used to a night time routine without my husband being part of the process. Once she was good with what I wanted from her I introduced her to her nighttime crate and she loved it. I made a cover out of a black out curtain so it's super cozy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We never intended for her to sleep alone and always planned on her being in our room at night just like our old girl. I don't worry about a pup keeping me awake and just don't stress about it and they seem to relax much faster and get used to a night time routine without my husband being part of the process. Once she was good with what I wanted from her I introduced her to her nighttime crate and she loved it. I made a cover out of a black out curtain so it's super cozy.
Yeah that's what I want eventually too, I'll have to try out your process once she settles in!

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Gorgeous little girl, Cinders has such a wonderful expressive face.

Reactions: RL13

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry I’m a few days later in my reply! I always kept Lacey's crate on the main level in the living area. She slept there until she was 6 months old, after that she started sleeping in bed with me. That was the age I trusted she wouldn’t soil the bed.

If she had issues sleeping alone in her crate I probably would’ve gotten a second one for the bedroom since theyre too big and heavy to move around.

I think many members here had their pups sleep in a crate in their room during puppyhood. :)

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
Welcome Cinder, and heartfelt congratulations to her new family! You are wise to consider Parvo and threat. Keep her away, from any pet paths or parks, until she’s fully immunized. Parvo can live live in the soil for years, so avoid. Good instinct to carry and socialize creatively during a human pandemic. (!!!!!) She’s so cute!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welcome Cinder, and heartfelt congratulations to her new family! You are wise to consider Parvo and threat. Keep her away, from any pet paths or parks, until she’s fully immunized. Parvo can live live in the soil for years, so avoid. Good instinct to carry and socialize creatively during a human pandemic. (!!!!!) She’s so cute!
Thank you! Luckily I've managed to meet with some friends who have adult, vaccinated dogs in their backyards and she has been THRIVING in yards. She absolutely loves running around haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
She is SO CUTE! Looks a lot like our girl Gypsum, who is now 3.5 months. Also, Cinder is a great name. My cousin named his dog Cinder a few years ago, in memory of our beloved cousin Cindy.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Congratulations- she’s a beauty. Look forward to watching her grow up!

Reactions: RL13
21 - 30 of 30 Posts