Poodle Forum banner

Meet ______________ maybe Louie lol

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Minie 
#1 ·
He is doing well. No accidents but I stay on top of him. I picked him up friday. Very much thankful for any training advise. He potties outside except the few times he used the pad sometime in middle of the night. He is a toy if that helps. I so badly wanted a standard but at a early age I got sick and still young ish I am considered disabled. I can care for him but will be easier when puppy stage is over. Btw some of my post will have grammatical errors and be hard to read because my vision isn't right due to neurological issue I suppose so bare with me. This is a good morning.

So he has all the normal things. and a pen, and I bought a car seat because when. I go places he goes so I'd like to train him to it which will eb challenging I know. Going potty outside he is already picking up on but since my kitchen and living room is open area I have to watch his like crazy. what's funny is he runs around the island and the runs to living room around coffee table 100 times so fast lol. not really 100.

sorry for grammatical errors
Glasses Dog Carnivore Ear Dog breed
Wood Floor Flooring Glove Hardwood
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn
Watch Dog Carnivore Fawn Working animal

See less See more
#3 ·
What a poppet! Good luck with keeping up with the zoomies - tiny puppies can move amazingly fast! I would recommend teaching a Pick Up cue - I use a curved hand held close to the ground. Fraddy got the idea in two short sessions involving lots of chicken. He now either waits for me to pick him up, or runs to sit on a dog bed and waits there; either way it is much easier and safer for both of us than trying to pick up a wiggly puppy playing keep away.

#5 ·
Maybe Louis is adorable, what a sweetheart.

I wanted a standard poodle too, I think they are so elegant….. but realistically I can pick up a minipoo so that is the size I have.

Are you keeping him leashed to you when he’s not in the pen? I had my puppy on a 6’ leash for several months attached to me when he was “loose” so I could help him make good decisions and watch that he didn’t get into trouble. He then had the leash on but wasn’t tethered for another month as he got more freedom. Out of the blue one day he was naughty so he was tethered again for the afternoon.

For the car, I highly recommend buying a Sleepypod carrier. It’s the only brand of carrier that was tested using the same standard as child car seats that passed the test. It’s the safest way to transport your dog. It can also be used as a carrier and one model is designed to meet airplane standards if you plan to travel by air with your dog.

Welcome to the Science of Pet Safety!.

I’m afraid that car seat you bought is dangerous.

If you start now with the carrier your puppy will learn to love going in and settling down for a ride. it can also be a pet bed when you visit someone so your dog has a “happy place” where ever you go.

#8 ·
He is doing well. No accidents but I stay on top of him. I picked him up friday. Very much thankful for any training advise. He potties outside except the few times he used the pad sometime in middle of the night. He is a toy if that helps. I so badly wanted a standard but at a early age I got sick and still young ish I am considered disabled. I can care for him but will be easier when puppy stage is over. Btw some of my post will have grammatical errors and be hard to read because my vision isn't right due to neurological issue I suppose so bare with me. This is a good morning.

So he has all the normal things. and a pen, and I bought a car seat because when. I go places he goes so I'd like to train him to it which will eb challenging I know. Going potty outside he is already picking up on but since my kitchen and living room is open area I have to watch his like crazy. what's funny is he runs around the island and the runs to living room around coffee table 100 times so fast lol. not really 100.

sorry for grammatical errors
View attachment 483162 View attachment 483163 View attachment 483164 View attachment 483165
My heart stopped..so cute

#12 ·
Cute little baby!

If you’ve not already, I highly recommend reading Ian Dunbar’s Before and After Getting Your Puppy. It’s like a puppy user manual. :)

I prefer my hard copy:

But it’s also available to read online:

And as an audio book:

My husband chose the audio option so he could listen while he worked, but he got it for free from our local library.

#15 ·
Welcome to you both. We have a tpoo and in two weeks will be bringing home our spoo puppy. Really, in my experience, it's the same dog, just in different sizes. Alot of people are quite surprised at how much 'big' dog there is in a little dogs body. Elegance is the appropriate adjective for all sizes. We look forward to being able to follow your joint journey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.