1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Yes I have heard this many times. In fact someone in my past had a dog that suddenly keeps pawing and nudging at at. Trans out she had breast cancer. The dog wasn't trained in fact I had never heard about actually training them for it. Its a good thing I would think.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I wondered about this, but never did research on it, after my parents' dog Gracie died of cancer last year. When my rescue dog Miracle joined the pack, she wanted to be friends with Jasper and Gracie, but Gracie said no way. Miracle respected boundaries with Jasper, but not with Gracie, and she was constantly sniffing her. She kept getting in her space even though Gracie would snap at her, and this behavior increased as time went on. We didn't know Gracie had cancer until much later. When Gravie was put down and we returned from the vet's office without her, I just remember Miracle frantically searching the house for her and continously returning to the space where Gracie used to rest. My family has discussed many times how Miracle had to have known that Gracie had cancer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts