Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of my 6 year old boy Matrix, they were taken last week. He's getting groomed in two weeks, so he's a little on the shaggy side.

"Throw my ball!!"

"I got it! I got it!"

"I love my ball!"

"Nap time. Thanks for looking."

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What a pretty boy!! Love the natural looking tail - fantastic!

Wow look at that collar! I thought it was a bandana when I first glanced at the picture LoL. He looks very nice in blue - how handsome :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a pretty boy!! Love the natural looking tail - fantastic!

Wow look at that collar! I thought it was a bandana when I first glanced at the picture LoL. He looks very nice in blue - how handsome :)
I love his full tail too. Haha, the collar is a touch on the wide side, but I could not resist the sock monkeys! Thank you!

Hes a beauty! How do you get urs to bring the ball back?! lol mine plays keep away, i guess its more fun for him.
He has always brought his toys back, so I can't offer any advice, sorry! Thanks for your comment!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I love the natural tail too. Vinnie has a natural tail and I have not decided how to keep it. How do you keep Matrix's tail?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the natural tail too. Vinnie has a natural tail and I have not decided how to keep it. How do you keep Matrix's tail?
For the most part, the base of his tail is shaved (about an inch from the base) and then we leave it long (probably about 3-4 inches in length). There have been times when we had to trim it shorter (about 1 inch) because Matrix decided to go romping through a bunch of burrs. It looked good at both lengths, but we prefer the longer, it's more elegant and feathery that way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My breeder described how to trim the full tail, as like a "bullrush" which is like a big cattail plant. One of my SP's has a long swooping tail and the other has a tight curly tail, that looks like a pom when trimmed. I have not left any of them long haired yet, as they like to pull each other by thier tails when playing and they get matted very quickly!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a good looking boy! My spoos bring me their toys too. I love it! I also like the look of the natural tail.
Thank you! Yes, it's quite handy not having to chase the dogs around to throw their toys for them :p

My breeder described how to trim the full tail, as like a "bullrush" which is like a big cattail plant. One of my SP's has a long swooping tail and the other has a tight curly tail, that looks like a pom when trimmed. I have not left any of them long haired yet, as they like to pull each other by thier tails when playing and they get matted very quickly!
The cattail shape is a PERFECT description of what it looks like when it's trimmed.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Matrix looks amazing. I love his haircut and the natural tail. It does look like a big ostrich feather. Great pictures. It looks like he had a fun day.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matrix looks amazing. I love his haircut and the natural tail. It does look like a big ostrich feather. Great pictures. It looks like he had a fun day.
Thank you! He always has fun when the ball is out!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thank you so much! I think I'm the lucky one to have such a great boy. :)
So true,but many people would shy away from getting a dog with health issues.
It takes someone special to do that.
Epilepsy is no stranger to standard poodles and luckily it can be kept under control.
Hip dysplasia can be a nasty thing and I am sure that you've done your research.
Good luck,hopefuly Matrix will have a long and happy pain free life.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So true,but many people would shy away from getting a dog with health issues.
It takes someone special to do that.
Epilepsy is no stranger to standard poodles and luckily it can be kept under control.
Hip dysplasia can be a nasty thing and I am sure that you've done your research.
Good luck,hopefuly Matrix will have a long and happy pain free life.
Thanks. I always worry about his pain level. He's the type of dog that will hold his composure no matter how sick he might be, or how much pain he might be in. Unfortunately, we've had more trouble controlling his seizures than his hips :(. Just can't seem to get his medication dosage right.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Locket...you are an angel...really. Matrix is very lucky to have you as his guardian and he is such a handsome little man! I wanted to ask..what color is he? When I finally get Ki-ki titled, and she is ready to have a litter, I want to donate a pup to a program like that.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Locket...you are an angel...really. Matrix is very lucky to have you as his guardian and he is such a handsome little man! I wanted to ask..what color is he? When I finally get Ki-ki titled, and she is ready to have a litter, I want to donate a pup to a program like that.
Thank you passion :)

Matrix is black, but he has lots of grey in him from his epilepsy. Donated puppies are always really appreciated at Dog Guide schools, that would be a great thing to do! Ki-Ki is a pretty girl!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thank you passion :)

Matrix is black, but he has lots of grey in him from his epilepsy. Donated puppies are always really appreciated at Dog Guide schools, that would be a great thing to do! Ki-Ki is a pretty girl!
Thank you! I will have to find a program hear us, we are military so we move alot, so I will have to search everywhere we go, I want to doante 1 pup from every littler we have. I plan on keeping a female from Ki-ki's first litter, we already have the stud lined up but she will not be ready for about a year she has not even had her first heat yet, so we are not in a rush lol!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts