Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a 4 month old miniature red poodle named Marley. I am not new to poodles having grown up with toys and
having two poodle mixes (RIP) over the past 15 years. It's been almost 15 years since I had a puppy! My last 2 dogs were Bichon rescues (we lost one in August) and my Bichon Murphy "might" have some poodle in him. Marley is a great puppy! Very smart and fun and as you can see - super cute!

·
Premium Member
23,873 Posts
Welcome, your pup is very cute and a beautiful color. I do have one suggestion which is to get him used to having his face clipped down along with feet and sanitary area. Even if you prefer fluffy face it is important to have your poodles get used to all aspects of grooming early on so that if there is an urgent need to groom (medical situation e.g.) he won't have added strees because he doesn't have enough grooming experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, your pup is very cute and a beautiful color. I do have one suggestion which is to get him used to having his face clipped down along with feet and sanitary area. Even if you prefer fluffy face it is important to have your poodles get used to all aspects of grooming early on so that if there is an urgent need to groom (medical situation e.g.) he won't have added strees because he doesn't have enough grooming experience.
Thanks! That is great advice. What brought me to this forum was seeing how soon I could groom him as I think he will need grooming soon. I actually gave him a few snips on his face and he was fine with that. SInce Day 1 I have been playing with his feet so he'll get used to that too.

Lily is gorgeous!

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
Cutie pie! Welcome. :) I love his pose.

By this age, while still in that important early socialization window, he should have already been introduced to the vibration of clippers multiple times by his breeder. If that's not been the case, time to quickly play catch-up.

Do you have clippers at home? Or even an electric toothbrush? If so, try letting Marley feel the vibrations for up to 30 seconds each day while he enjoys some yummy treats. And start calling around to groomers to get him in as soon as possible. You ideally want someone who will start slow with him, keeping the experience positive.

·
Premium Member
9,949 Posts
Love him! Congratulations and welcome to PF! Mini’s are the hardest of the three sizes to find. Double win!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts