Poodle Forum banner

Males vs females

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  KPoos 
I hope nobody misinterprets anything I say pertaining to the male vs. female thread because I LOVE all of my dogs, and any dog I have ever lived with, but if I was given a choice as a pet owner- not a breeder- of which I would rather live with, it would be a male. The most wonderful human-dog relationship I have ever erxperienced in 54 years of living with dogs was with my first Whippet, a male, named Asia. My Mom`s best experience was with her silver Standard Poodle male- Thinker, who resides with me since my Mom`s passing. There is something so sweet and pure about the love a male has for his people. They are completely dedicated to their humans. Females are wonderful and loving, but it is entirely different. I find a females biggest purpose in life is survival of the species, so even a girl who has been spayed has an ingrained need to look out for numero uno- and she will love you best AFTER you feed her. The boys are loyal, dedicated and as far as they are concerned, their humans, particularly the females of their households, are their GODS!! Thee girls have a bit of the attitude that they can manage without you. I guess it is an independence thing. The girls are just more independent. But for me, it is males, all the way.
I totally agree if I had my druthers I would have all males Not that I love my girls any less but the boys are jsut love bugs !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.