Poodle Forum banner

Males vs females

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  KPoos 
We've had 2 males and 2 females and have noticed no real consistencies between them. I tend to prefer the boys and am hoping to get a boy to fit in with our "pack", but really it's all based on the individual dog.

The boys are loyal, dedicated and as far as they are concerned, their humans, particularly the females of their households, are their GODS!! Thee girls have a bit of the attitude that they can manage without you. I guess it is an independence thing. The girls are just more independent. But for me, it is males, all the way.
We saw this with our first PWD for sure. He was fiercely loyal to our family and especially committed to my mom, who all our dogs see as our pack leader. I always wondered if part of his commitment to us was because he was an only dog. Our dogs since then have always been part of a 2 or 3 dog gang.

Our girl now loves our family but I think she would be equally happy elsewhere. She's not as committed to us - or at least, she wasn't until our older dog died a few weeks ago. Her attachment has shot up now, especially to my mom.

Having only had 2 male and 2 female dogs, I can't say if it's a personality thing or what. But as I said earlier, I do tend to prefer the boys for whatever reason. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.