Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to look this up on the search of the forum in case someone has already ask this but had no luck. I apologize in advance if I'm duplicating.

Those of you who have had Standard Poodles (both male & female) what differences do you find between the sexes? Or do you find it's more about individual personalities. A few examples (keep in mind these are generalities ONLY): in Dobermans the males tend to be more territorial & more apt to work at distance, the males can be a little handler hard where as the females really shine at being very handler focused & easier on the handler & she tends to be very tuned in to the family. I've found in Rough Collies the females tend to be more sharp in temperament than many of the males I've worked. I am told in Giant Schnauzers the females tend to be more serious & the males are goofballs. I have only owned a female & she's silly with us but is ALL business when there's a visitor (she bawled out a visitor the other day for being so slow to get their little one year old boy who was crying). They were fixing him a bottle & he was fussy (teething) but my Giant female was convinced that a baby's cry should be fixed instantly & why aren't the hoomans on the move ASAP! And I can tell you if she'd been in the room, the parent would have gotten a serious growl for not moving faster. The male Giants I've known were extremely territorial but when at ease were definitely bit loveable goofs.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions & observations on what they've seen in SPOOs concerning male & female generalities in behavior.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Type, "better sex" in the search engine and you will the threads you want. I have had two males and one female. I do not prefer one sex over the other. I agree that it is more a matter of the individual dog... although there are certainly issues that occur if you have intact dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts