Poodle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend we had a “cars and k9s” event where they did a car show and raised money for local police k9s. Our akc club decided to go and hold a meet the breeds there (as we have a good variety of breeds in our local club.) Luna was the perfect poodle ambassador. Everyone loved her and she loved everyone. Of course many people didn’t recognize her as a poodle right away because she is still in a bedlington trim haha. But it was a good opportunity to say yep she is 100% poodle even with this creative grooming haircut. She is so stable around other people and dogs. And she loves to greet and say hello to all. Makes me so proud. All the kids were drawn to her and she would just lay down for them to give her belly rubs.

My phone died so I don’t have a lot of pics but other club members snapped a few. Most of the pictures of her were taken when we went over to a small agility course that they had set up. Luna has NEVER even seen agility equipment and honestly I expected her to be very wary of it. But she did awesome! After only one time of someone holding her at one end of the tunnel and me calling her at the other end, she wasn’t scared of going through anymore. And at first she was jumping off the cat walk and A frame part way across but then figured out how to do them both just fine. I was very happy to see that agility may even be something that we could enjoy in the future! We were on the course for probably only 5 mins and she easily mastered all of the little equipment they had there.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Grass Lawn Sky Tree Leisure

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Mammal Vertebrate Dog Dog breed Canidae

Grass Recreation Leisure Miniature golf Games

Dog Canidae Dog breed Companion dog Poodle

This last pic is Luna with her bullmastiff friend, Sophie. As you can tell we had a super fun time and I’m so glad that we went!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Great job, Luna! I'm so proud of you for being such a good breed ambassador, and I'm glad you had so much fun :love:

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Oh wow! What fun!!! I love the pictures. That's amazing what a stable and lovely dog Luna is and how she got right onto the agility equipment. Fantastic. She might make a real agility star one day.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
She looks gorgeous- love the groom!

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Luna is the perfect poodle ambassador. How wonderful that you and Luna could participate and help with the fundraising.

She looks like she's really enjoying the agility course.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
What a clever girl and what great work you have done with her! No wonder she was a great rep.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Luna is such a beaut!!! I just love her happy smiles all the time! And I’m obsessed with her bedlington trim of course. I’m sure it had a few people confused but I think most people expect poodles to be all dolled up in some way, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.