Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven’t posted this yet because I was supposed to receive a copy of the Poodle Variety magazine and haven’t. I am really sad about it because Luna has an ad inside. I have seen a bad picture of the ad (taken with a phone off of a computer screen, so it was really bad.) but I have heard from several people that the ad turned out really beautiful in the magazine.

Her ad features this beautiful picture of Luna taken by Vickie Holloway, who is an amazing dog photographer and a fun lady! I will attach the main pic but if you get the magazine be sure to look because it also has one of Luna’s win pictures on it. The ad was announcing Luna’s AKC Championship but she has since completed her Grand championship as well.

Sadly PV magazine is coming to an end and the next issue will be the last. I’m grateful Luna had the chance to be featured before the magazine ended. I’m sure another one will start up at some point. If you had a chance to see Luna’s ad, let me know what you think of it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That is a beautiful photo of a beautiful girl! I'll look for your ad when my Poodle Variety eventually arrives -- I'm sure it will, but waiting is hard.

I, too, am very sad that we are losing our magazine. It was sad when Poodle Review tanked, but losing our only magazine is really the pits.

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
It’s a gorgeous picture on pp 45. I am so glad you mentioned it as I had set the issue aside, bummed out about it being the next to last.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was rereading my PV yesterday, saw the ad and wondered if this was "our" Luna. I looked up her registered name to make sure. The page/picture is absolutely beautiful!! I hope you get your copy soon. I have loved reading about your journey with her from the start so was just thrilled to see your extraordinary girl in my favorite magazine. I know you are really proud of her.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is so cool! Sucks that it's going away but hopefully she can get into another magazine.

·
Super Moderator
3,153 Posts
Chinchillafuzzy, I'm so impressed with what you've done with Luna since I joined PF a little over a year ago. I remember when her hair was still growing out, the different dog shows and moving up up up in the show circuit. What an adventure it's been for you!

That is a beautiful and stunning photo of Luna, and the work you've put into her has been fun for us to watch from a distance. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Stunning girl. I hope you receive the issue to cherish and save. Your sweet lovie is so beautiful and impressive there :). How lovely to have such a keepsake.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Gosh she's really gorgeous in that picture. What a beautiful momento! It's kinda great that we all got to share her triumphs here........she has lots of adoring 'Aunties' and 'Uncles' LOL!

My big question........Are you going to breed her?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all so much for your love and support. I don’t get on PF quite as much as I used to but I consider all of you to be my dear friends and am so grateful for all of the help and advice that I have been given from PF members!

If anyone does have a copy of the magazine and wants to take a picture and post it, please feel free! Otherwise I will take one at some point, even if I have to seek out someone else’s book to snap a photo haha. It has been an amazing journey with Luna through her show career.

Mollymuima to answer your question, after Luna is fully health tested, if she passes everything then her breeder (Munaut Poodles) will breed her after she is at least 2 years old. I will be heavily involved with the litter and puppy raising though, possibly even raising them here at our house. (The breeder only lives 10 mins from me, if not.) So in short, yes there are breeding plans for this girl if she has the good health testing results that we anticipate. She turns 2 in July.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
She's really a glamour girl! My goodness! Congrats on all the accomplishments. I sure hope you get your copy of the magazine. That is so cool that she is in it. Beautiful!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Beautiful- congratulations! How exciting that thete is the potential for pups from this gorgeous girl.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stormeek Thank you sooo much for posting!!! I really appreciate it and that’s looks much better than any phone pic I could have taken of the ad. You are so sweet to do that thanks!!!

Reactions: StormeeK

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Luna is stunning in her ad. I hope if she does have puppies that you post photos. I love puppies

·
Registered
378 Posts
And today's good news is....PV lives on! I was so sad,now I am thrilled! maybe Luna's babies can have a photo one day!

Martha and WildMan,who only dreams of being in PV color/performance issue

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I was so thrilled to hear that the magazine is being taken over by someone else so that it can continue! I had really been hoping for that to happen! Luna likely won’t be bred for at least a year so anyone hoping for puppy pics, don’t hold your breath haha but I will keep PF members posted on Luna’s future as it unfolds!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts