Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you were participating in my other thread "My growing girl" and y'all gave me a germ of an idea to get Lucy into a professional groomer for her first real haircut. I've been having fun keeping up with her FFT since she came to me as an 8 week old bundle of puppy breath, but it was getting to be time for something more...

Bismarck doesn't have a ton of great groomers. We have some good ones and some not-so-good ones, but few GREAT ones (and especially great ones who know how to do POODLES!!) I chose a groomer whose shop is called The Pawfect Poodle because her claims were that she has done professional grooming for over 35 years and poodles are her specialty. I've also spoken with other groomers in town who have told me that "no one in town can do a poodle like Christine!" So - just remember, this is a work in progress and I can only see it getting better with time.

Christine was VERY complimentary about Lucy - she loved her coat (said I have done a GREAT job keeping it mat-free and clean) :love:, she loved Lucy's attitude and demeanor and she even offered babysitting services if we ever go on vacation, because she said she "LOVES THIS DOG!!" She also confided that she does NOT offer sitting services to just anyone!!

So.... here is my sweet baby Lucybug in all her big girl glory!!! (I love the one where she's playing "Pat the Cat"!!)

Edited to add - I asked the groomer to keep Lucy's shaved parts a little longer because of our continuing winter season - as we progress with her cut, it will all start coming together better!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I for one am thrilled and more than impressed!!! Doing a CC from full puppy coat is a challenge the first go round. It WILL only get better and better, and your wonderful groomer makes some small corrections, and Lucybug's coat gets longer and coarser.

Her jacket is a bit too far forward, and when that is corrected her rosettes will look better placed.

Her ears are remarkable. It is hard to believe she is only five and a half months old. How can such a baby look so regal and elegant??

I am proud of you for taking the plunge and proud of her for impressing the groomer so much. Way to go ladies!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
She's only 5 and half months???
Wow, what a mature looking girl!!! She looks amazing Plumcrazy! I hope your husband has fun showing her off around town :p

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope your husband has fun showing her off around town :p
We took Lucy and Meau to Rally class last night and hubby was as proud as a peacock to be strutting around with Lucy!! He really does love his girl! :) :love:

Thanks for all your kind comments! We really are blessed to have her in our lives!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am so impressed at how pretty Betty Jo and Jenny's little sister is. She looks wonderful its hard to believe that only that old. She's growing so fast. Mind you part of the reason that the groomer could do such a lovely job on her must be all the care you give her and how wonderfully you keep her. Great job

·
Registered
159 Posts
She looks so pretty!!

Ivy will be getting her 1st CC either this weekend or next and I can't wait!! Hopefully she looks 1/2 as good as Lucy.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She is gorgeous. Look at ALL that hair! That's a lot of hair. She is a very impressive girl. Congratulations on finding a groomer you can trust. She sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
........there she is! I guess I missed this today. I had a feeling you were going to do it. And I think Christine did a great job. I love it.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Wow. She looks great. She has almost as much hair as my 9 month old. She is very pretty. It should be easy to maintain this between pro grooms. She did take off a little too much on the back of the jacket which is exactly what I did(but mines worse) so I just created a new line and let the hair grow in, but I guess that only matters if you were going to show. She is fantastic and a beautiful color!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts