Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'night all! I'm heading to bed to get a good night sleep so I can get up bright and early to take Lucy to the vet tomorrow morning! She's scheduled for a ovariohysterectomy and a gastropexy (spay and stomach tack).

Sooo excited for her (and US!) I'll be back tomorrow with an update on how she's doing. She's a little grumpy though because she wants a bedtime snack and she can't have one! :) Just wait until breakfast tomorrow and the other dogs get fed but she has to abstain...

See you tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oooh...good luck tomorrow! Hope all goes smoothly and that she sails through beautifully. That not eating is the worst part! Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
oooh! Good Luck! Everything will go super smooth, and you'll have Princess Lucybug back in no time! :D

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohhh, good luck! I hate how BAD they make ya feel when they come home feeling all owwwie, but within a few days it's only the worry of trying to not let them pull the stitches cos THEY feel FINE! hahaha. In 2 weeks there's no looking back, and SUCH a relief to have them done....

GOOD LUCK! She'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery Lucy! She'll be back to her old self in no time! Cricket and Clover are sending her some extra snuggles her way! :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
You know I will be a wreck all day till I hear she is okay. Once she is done surgery, then I will be fine! Prayers for Princess Lucybug to get through the surgery well, and for a speedy recovery. xoxo

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm planning to call around 10:30ish to get an update. I'll be off the forum during my lunch hour, but will let everyone know how she's doing once I get back to my computer! She's in great hands... I'm not worried! :)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got word from the vet's office. Lucy's pre-anesthetic bloodwork all came back normal. Surgery went well. She's sleeping off her drugs now and I can pick her up on my way home from work!

YAY uterus-less Lucybug!!!! :lol:

My vet was laughing at me when I dropped her off this morning because I had removed the band from her topknot and her hair was hanging in her eyes - I said that when people have surgery, they're supposed to remove all jewelry/makeup/etc. so I removed Lucy's "jewelry"... My vet thought I was NUTS!! :pound:

Thanks to everyone for you positive vibes and healing thoughts! :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Glad to hear it!! Yah for you too - one HUGE weight lifted that you have no need to worry about ;)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh boy ... one day I am off the forum and such a major event happens to my favorite red girl :doh: !!!!!

I am soooo incredibly:target: happy to hear that she "sailed" through it all and is almost ready to go home : )))) !!!!! That is just fantastic : ))) !!!!!!!! I am so happy that she got a "tuck" too - so nobody has to worry about that either !!!!

Ah.... what a happy day :) !!!!

Congrats Lucy for being such a brave girl and surviving "starvation" : ))) - I would be VERY upset too LOL

Wishing her astronomically fast healing : ) !!!!! :cheer2:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Knowing Lucy, she'll probably be pretty miffed at ME (since I was the one to leave her there!) and she'll soak up attention from her favorite daddy tonight! :)

I'm glad we're done with that part (and now the recovery) By this time next week, she'll forget she was ever at the vet! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Knowing Lucy, she'll probably be pretty miffed at ME (since I was the one to leave her there!) and she'll soak up attention from her favorite daddy tonight! :)

I'm glad we're done with that part (and now the recovery) By this time next week, she'll forget she was ever at the vet! :)
Yeah I'm glad things went well. You are right, she will never remember a thing.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
wooot! So good to be all over and done with now isn't it! No more big stresses about it.... recover and she'll be fine! YAY!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts