Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me: Lucky, what is that you have in your mouth?
Lucky: The ball you got for me as a puppy, mommy.
Me: Aww where did you hide it?
Lucky: Some under the sofa, some under my bed, some in places you'd never find. Muhahaha!
Me: Lucky can you bring me my shoes?
Lucky: Here is your shoe, mommy.

A day Later

Me: Lucky where is my shoe?
Lucky: I like to steal things from you mommy. Let's play a game. Find your own shoes.

Two days latter...
Me: I am never gonna find those shoes. Lucky you must have eaten them.
Lucky: Here is your shoes mommy.

Lucky is a hoarder. I have no idea where all of his treasures are hidden. Every now and then I see him with an old toy that had been missing for months. Does your poodle have hidden stashes all around your home? Do you know where ALL of the hiding spots are?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Babykins has two spots she keeps her toys 1) her crate in the family room and 2) on our bed in the master bedroom.

When I first brought her home, she was trying to hide her toys behind the cushions in the couch - thank goodness that tendency didn't continue.

Have you looked under the couch cushions? Silly Lucky - he's just having fun with you.

Reactions: snow0160

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha he didn’t eat the shoes. Lucky and I have fun. He loves to play hide and seek. When I introduce a new item, he hoards it for a while and then give it to you and sometimes he will chew it before giving it to you. I’m glad I found the shoes before that happened. Lucky loves to trade up. We’ve been working on item recognition. So far, he knows shoe, bottle, and ball.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
When Molly was younger she had all kinds of different places to stash things but as she got older she got lazier.........the only thing she stashes now are treats that she wants to 'save for later' .............unless she has a playdate come over, then everything is taken to the bedrm and put under my bed pillow! LOL!

·
Registered
12,328 Posts
Poppy's treasures are things we find outside - the best are short, soft sticks that I throw for her. She finds the stick, plays with it for a while, then carries it until she can slip away and hide it in the hedge or long grass. She tries to do it when I am not watching, and is very careful about finding just the right place!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Neither Neo nor Remo ever put anything away, unless you count hiding cicadas or dead things in their mouths.

"Neo, what do you have in your mouth?"
"buzzzzzzzzz"

"Remo, what do you have in your mouth?"
"(crickets)"

·
Premium Member
22,958 Posts
snow that is hilarious. Our dogs don't stash stuff, but I had a Maine Coon cat who did. She took barrettes, coins, jewelry, in other words shiny things. My old bedroom furniture had a headboard that had a top that opened to a storage space. The bed was a platform bed and there was a little gap between the lower part of the bed and the headboard. She could squeeze in there and under the headboard was where her stash was.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Omg, snow, that is Hilarious! Milo doesn’t hide anything though he loves the hide and seek game and play it with the kids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts