Poodle Forum banner

Low shedding dogs that look like wolves

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  FloofyPoodle 
#1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone know about any low or non shedding breeds that look like wolves?
Thank you,
Olive Love

#2 ·
Do you mean pattern-wise, or just built like a wolf? There aren’t any dogs that spring to my mind that would be similar to a wolf that are also non or minimal shedding, as in order to get the coat, the dog must have an under coat that sheds heavily. I believe Samoyeds are considered to be hypoallergenic, but they shed intensely once or twice a year. The Alaskan Klee Kai is a smaller dog, and therefore would shed less, but also would blow its coat.

#6 ·
I am confused - both by the idea of a chihuahua being wolf-like, and why the question is being asked on a Poodle Forum. Perhaps if you explain what it is you are looking for in a dog and why we could be more helpful - poodles are non shedding and have a good, basic dog structure under the fluff, so if that is what you like a small poodle in a retriever clip may be the answer.

#15 ·
Well, when it comes to erect ears it is hard to beat a papillon - unfortunately they do shed, although it can be reduced with regular brushing, and are not exactly wolf like!

#16 ·
I think like would be wolf life looking would have a double coat and would shed, I love the look of the Swedish Vallhund nubby legged and wolf life cousin to the corgi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.