Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I’m Lucy, I am almost 9 and live in Northern California. I have always had some gastro issues and a great appetite. However, my liver ALT levels have risen from 100-660 in two months.

My owner is very upset and worried and is doing everything he can do to help. He is looking for advice. He is trying everything to make sure I’m ok.

Please allow him to post a question about liver ALT skyrocketing while being monitored by a reputable internist.

Any feedback or suggestions are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Lucy. Others will drop by soon to say hello :)

You should now be able to post anywhere in the forum, but it sometimes takes a bit for everything to connect. Try posting in the health section also.

I'm sorry I don't have any advice re your specific issue, but others will.

Wishing you answers and improvement.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Welcome - sorry to hear you are having problems with your pup. Hopefully some of our members can help out.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Hi, and welcome! I do have experience with this with my Maltese. Her ALT and other liver enzyme numbers were off the charts high. Our solution was a Denamarin tablet given daily (ordered on Amazon). She will have to be on it for the rest of her life, but it keeps the enzymes in normal range and keeps her feeling well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the kind thoughts-Lucy was on denomarin for 30 days when it raised ALT from 100-280. Dog is on steroids, antibiotic and anti nausea pill now. Sadly found out last night alt went from 510-650 in 2 weeks. Vet seems more concerned that she has inflammatory bowl disease to control and that will get the number down.

Leaves me skeptical and wanting 2nd 3rd opinions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts