Poodle Forum banner

Love my Velcro poodle!

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Liz 
#1 ·
Kali is a Velcro dog and I love it!
She would like to spend her days curled up next to her people. She is the perfect energy level- up for playing and walks, but content to spend a day indoors cuddling next to her people. I’ve decided I looooove this quality in a dog, she is perfect for us.
She probably isn’t a “fan” of hugs, but tolerates our family’s hugs and cuddles because we adore her so much.
Anyone else enjoy having a Velcro dog?
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Working animal

See less See more
#3 ·
My family calls Bennie my shadow. She's great with everyone but I seem to be "her main person," which makes sense given that I am home full time.
She sleeps really well in her crate away from me, and I'm taking care to do things like take a bath while the others spend time with her to prep her for the times I will have to be away.
But overall I have to say having her becoming so attached is a wonderful thing!!

#6 ·
Since this thread is a velcro poodle love fest, y'all might understand my pain. Earlier this week, I took a shower, and Mia did not come in to check on me (!). I was alarmed to discover her fast asleep on my bed, having slept through my entire shower without wandering in and sticking her nose in the shower. Words fail me.
Yep this happened to me the other day too. I stepped out of the shower on to an empty mat. What! No poodle sitting on the mat! Nope. There she was asleep on my bed waiting for me
Dog Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Grey

#9 ·
While I also love my velcro little Topper (1-year old mini), there are some challenges, such as leaving the house or leaving him in the car while I run into the gas station to use the bathroom. He cries for a while, then settles down. He's much better than he used to be, because we have been training or desensitizing him to being left on his own. I also try to foster his sense of self-confidence by doing nose work and letting him run off-leash at our backwoods vacation retreat. One advantage of having a velcro dog is that his recall is pretty darn good, even if he's off chasing grouse and squirrels.

He didn't start out to be a snuggly dog - and I was disappointed because I really wanted one. Then, when he turned about 8 months old, he discovered the joy of sitting on the sofa with me, and we started letting him sleep with us at night. He is sooooo sweet and snuggly now. I just love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.