Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Darcy. I signed up 2 weeks ago ,but couldn't bring myself to write this. On Jan 25, I had to say goodbye to the most wonderful little poodle girl in the world. The sadness is overwhelming. She was one in a million. We were together almost 15 years. Her health was so good until about 6 months ago. She brought joy to so many. She was loyal and sweet and when she had to go, I lost a piece of my soul.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. She looks like she was such a sweetie

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
Darcy, you are surrounded here by people who understand your grief through our own memories. Your Lily knows how much you love her and will want you to remember all the love between you. That never changes.

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
I am so sorry - it hurts so much when we lose them, no matter how long and how happy the years, and how much we know the time has come. They take a little of our hearts and souls with them, but leave a part of theirs behind. I hope in time the memories of the happy years help to overcome te desolation - we are always here, and we understand.

Reactions: MtDarcy

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Hello and welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss, she looks like such a sweet girl.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
What a sweet looking lil girl. I'm so sorry for your loss, many of us have been there and its a hard road to travel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh my gosh, my heart is so full right now. I never expected so much kindness! I posted for closure, and feel so much warmth right now💕🐾
She truly was remarkable. I miss her at the top of the steps when I come home. She went with me everywhere I miss the drives I miss taking her to the Home Depot,, they all knew her name there, not mine!! she love waiting for treats at the bank and at the drive-thru Windows of the restaurants. she knew what I was doing laundry and she always anticipated the hot towel so she could lay down in them. Her always futile efforts to try to catch the deer in the rabbits around here. The only one who won't miss my little Lily probably is our UPS man. She always made sure we all knew he was here! 😊
Thank you all for your kind words.
Please have a wonderful weekend and please stay safe.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Oh so sad -losing our beloved companions is so difficult. Your love for her is so evident from your posts - and yes we are here for you. ((HUGS))

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. When you are ready, I hope you will open your home to another. It's so clear from your post how much love you have to give. Of course it won't be the same, but it can be just as wonderful with a completely different little soul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Darcy, you are surrounded here by people who understand your grief through our own memories. Your Lily knows how much you love her and will want you to remember all the love between you. That never changes.
Thank you, your kind words brought tears to my eyes, in a nice way tho :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts