Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A super successful day out!

I'm so proud of my husband. He's been off work for the holidays and it's been a great opportunity for some low-stress training and bonding with our adolescent poodle.

Hoping to carry some of this fresh Zen energy into what's already looking to be a busy 2020.

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wonderful! Emma still a spaz most of her training walks. Maybe she gets too much of leash/independent time.
We celebrate small victories in our house. ? Honestly, she tries to jump on about 75% of the people she encounters, and we just steer clear of dogs entirely.

She's already learned some bad habits from local dogs that immediately launch into hysterics. The first few times she was like, "Well that's weird." And then eyes up to us for a treat.

Now she joins them. Sigh.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We celebrate small victories in our house. ? Honestly, she tries to jump on about 75% of the people she encounters, and we just steer clear of dogs entirely.

She's already learned some bad habits from local dogs that immediately launch into hysterics. The first few times she was like, "Well that's weird." And then eyes up to us for a treat.

Emma is the oppisite in that when other dogs get hyper she hangs back a bit....... until she gets to know them. She's never been one to jump up on people, jump straight up in the air but not ON people. Ever since she was 8 weeks old she's been a sitter for petting/attention. I have always ignored her unless she sits. That's both a blessing and a curse as she doesn't yet seem to get that when I say sit the reaction I expect is something she's done naturally with no direction. As you said, baby steps. Another issue this natural behavior has caused is when walking and stopping she plants her butt in front of me rather than beside me. More work! At least is kinda like job security.

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Emma is the oppisite in that when other dogs get hyper she hangs back a bit....... until she gets to know them. She's never been one to jump up on people, jump straight up in the air but not ON people. Ever since she was 8 weeks old she's been a sitter for petting/attention. I have always ignored her unless she sits. That's both a blessing and a curse as she doesn't yet seem to get that when I say sit the reaction I expect is something she's done naturally with no direction. As you said, baby steps. Another issue this natural behavior has caused is when walking and stopping she plants her butt in front of me rather than beside me. More work! At least is kinda like job security.
Is it bad to say I wouldn't mind trading problems??? ?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Wow! The same thing happened with Sisko?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts