Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Is there a way to find the siblings of my AKC ?
My dog has limited AKC , I have the name of both: Sire & Dam

DOB: AUGUST 13th,2020 - CENTRAL CALIFORNIA
AKC RED MINIATURE POODLE ( oversized)

thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello

Is there a way to find the littermates of my AKC ?
My dog has limited AKC , I have the name of both: Sire & Dam

thank you
If you look up the parents on the OFA website it lists the names of offspring who have test results. You can look for the same birthdate as your pup. I have a puppy that was part of a litter of 10, and only 3 of them are listed there (mine is not) because they were shown and will probably be bred at some point.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,716 Posts
The short answer is that you're unlikely to find information. Registration is not required anywhere, so there aren't many options, and all of them require the voluntary registration by the owners. As was mentioned upthread: OFA (uncommon), Embark (uncommon), and the poodle database (which has been discussed here; it's not being maintained as vigilantly as in the past).

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
the breeder doesn’t want to give me the contact of them
If your hope is to find the siblings to maybe have a family reunion or to compare notes, that's going to be just about impossible unless the breeder changes their mind. There will be no owner information listed. The owners may choose to do some testing of their own on one of the independent labs like Embark or PawPrints, but they'd have to allow public access and you'd have to already have their or the pups names.

The other search methods mentioned have a chance of finding the names of the siblings, if they find anything..
With OFA, if you don't have the dam and sire's registered names, the breeder's kennel name as your search topic will get any/all dogs they've done health testing on.

Reactions: mypoodleS

·
Super Moderator
Peggy Sue, Standard Poodle Born May 2019
8,812 Posts
The owners may choose to do some testing of their own on one of the independent labs like Embark or PawPrints, but they'd have to allow public access and you'd have to already have their or the pups names.
I get an email whenever a close relative of Peggy’s is tested with Embark. I get their name, location, a profile picture and short bio (if provided), and the option to message the owner through the Embark website.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maybe you can share the sire and dam's names and someone on here knows them? I have a poodle from California. Who knows. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts