Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have not been here for a while but I am wondering if any body know any good standard poodle breeders in the Toronto area or surrounding areas.
My oldest standard passed away last month from old age. I still have the 2 year old parti poodle. I had another standard that passed away last June from cancer. I had three at the same time.
I am looking a black standard with nice confirmation and a nice temperment .
I could possible get a female in April from a breeder but she finds show homes for them first and they might not be any left for me to choose from. I was going to get a potential show dog and hire the handler she uses, but they don't live close to me and to get the dog to the handlers house or the dog shows would be hard for me. I work some Saturdays.
It cost a lot too.
I emailed some breeders but they do not respond, do you think they prefer a phone call?
They have their email in the advertisement in the Dogs Annual. I emailed weeks ago.
Maybe I will try and call , they are probably busy with their dogs and life.
Thanks alot and I will check back later.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Hi, I have not been here for a while but I am wondering if any body know any good standard poodle breeders in the Toronto area or surrounding areas.
My oldest standard passed away last month from old age. I still have the 2 year old parti poodle. I had another standard that passed away last June from cancer. I had three at the same time.
I am looking a black standard with nice confirmation and a nice temperment .
I could possible get a female in April from a breeder but she finds show homes for them first and they might not be any left for me to choose from. I was going to get a potential show dog and hire the handler she uses, but they don't live close to me and to get the dog to the handlers house or the dog shows would be hard for me. I work some Saturdays.
It cost a lot too.
I emailed some breeders but they do not respond, do you think they prefer a phone call?
They have their email in the advertisement in the Dogs Annual. I emailed weeks ago.
Maybe I will try and call , they are probably busy with their dogs and life.
Thanks alot and I will check back later.
Tango is in Burlington, and if I were going to buy black, it would be from her. Her name is Lisa Goodwin. Awesome dogs that are winning everywhere they go. Her black won the breed at Westminster. Signet is in Ontario too I believe and her dogs are also exquisite. But my money would be on a Dawin dog if I were looking for a black, and it would not matter where I lived. Highprofile is right in Toronto and she is breeding some lovely dogs too. Her name is Giselle Bursee.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Tango is in Burlington, and if I were going to buy black, it would be from her. Her name is Lisa Goodwin. Awesome dogs that are winning everywhere they go. Her black won the breed at Westminster. Signet is in Ontario too I believe and her dogs are also exquisite. But my money would be on a Dawin dog if I were looking for a black, and it would not matter where I lived. Highprofile is right in Toronto and she is breeding some lovely dogs too. Her name is Giselle Bursee.
Solomon recieved award of merit I think last year but he did not win BOB.

None the less I love tango poodles and I would get one if I was looking for black also ;)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Solomon recieved award of merit I think last year but he did not win BOB.

None the less I love tango poodles and I would get one if I was looking for black also ;)
I am pretty sure that one of her females got BOB this year and this year I think Isis got the award of merit. Way to go Canada!!!!!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dawin is in or near Toronto, I *think*. From what I've heard their dogs are also doing well in the ring. I believe they just had a litter, not sure if there are any pups not spoken for.

Tango is great too.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
It is Tango I was talking about. I am so sorry for my error...Iris has come into heat, I have been out half the day and I am obviously having a senior moment. But you couldn't go wrong either way. Dawin is breeding beautiful dogs, but for me, Tango takes the cake. Tango is in Burlington and Dawin is in Toronto and Tango is Lisa Goodwin. And it was a Dawin girl that won BOB at Westminster. Seriously...too many boo-boos like this, I will need to see the Doctor. Sorry again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tango poodles is the one I am waiting for. I emailed Dawin and Highprofile poodles with no response. I will call them this weekend.
I want a Tango poodle but she wants the pups to go to show homes first.
I will try signet poodles too.
Thanks
I will let you know who I get in touch with.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I like Classique poodles - Tango got some from Tanis after all , and Tanis is so much more friendly as a person !!! I like Ivy breeder too !!!!

To me who is standing behind a dog is equally important - I just can not stand uptight and stuck up people - makes me nauseated almost ....

But it is me.... ; )

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I like Classique poodles - Tango got some from Tanis after all , and Tanis is so much more friendly as a person !!! I like Ivy breeder too !!!!

To me who is standing behind a dog is equally important - I just can not stand uptight and stuck up people - makes me nauseated almost ....

But it is me.... ; )
I agree with you completely. If a person is virtually impossible to deal with, why bother getting involved at all. Tanis Gardner has gorgeous dogs as well. I have spoken to Lisa at Tango on the phone a couple of times and we are friends on Facebook, and I have found her to be very approachable and friendly. I have no idea how she or any of them are to deal with as far as standing behind their pups though, because I haven't bought one from any of them. There are breeders that I know I would not buy from if they were the last breeders on earth, and their dogs are lovely. but they have not got a clue how to talk to or treat humans. If people do not return your calls when you are looking to buy a pup how will they be about getting back to you if you had one and had problems??

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called a breeder today and left a message, and guess what? She called back but I was out. She is going to breed one of her females soon when she comes in heat. I am going to call her tomorrow.
It is Highprofile poodles. :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I called a breeder today and left a message, and guess what? She called back but I was out. She is going to breed one of her females soon when she comes in heat. I am going to call her tomorrow.
It is Highprofile poodles. :)
COOL!!! Please let me know how it goes! Her dogs are truly gorgeous, and Giselle is a very sweet, French/English lady.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, I talked with Giselle and she is breeding a female very soon, so the pups won't be ready until June or July, she is a very nice person and we got along very well.
I also talked to the Dawin poodle breeder. They have a pregnant female that will give birth in 5 weeks.
She was nice. She said when they are born she wants a deposit to hold a pup.
I emailed classique poodles but I bet they won't respond, so I will call tomorrow.
I wonder why they put there email in the ads if they don't answer them? I guess they are too busy to be on the computers. I guess it is better to call them.
But I really want a Tango poodle. The pups are 4 weeks already, I am going to call her and see if any pups are still available.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Mitch is from Giselle! She's SUCH a nice lady!!! Did she say which female she was breeding?? If it's Danielle, I am SO jealous...I love Danielle.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, do you have any pictures of Mitch? I would like to see them.
I am not sure which female she is breeding but she is going to call me when she breeds her female.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Here are some pics of Mitch:

Just last week, fuzzy face (getting groomed on wednesday)

When he was last groomed:

I didn't have Mitch as a pup, but this was when he was at Giselles:

I also know an almost 7 year old black standard from Giselle as well and she is pitch black and such a sweetheart. No pics of her though, sorry.

I cannot say enough good things about Mitch. He's active, funny, so loving and eager to please (if there are yummy treats involved). Nothing really seems to phase him. He's a sweet sweet boy and I love him more than anything!! I want all my dogs to be like Mitch. Okay, I'll stop bragging now :p

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mitch is very cute, thanks for the pictures. Where do you get him groomed? Giselle was the nicest breeder I have talked to so far.
I would love to get a black and a cream. That is what I had before.
I loved them very much. But I will just get one for now since I already have one.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
we get him groomed by this lovely lady who does them at her home. She's a wonder woman type and is so super. I don't think she's taking any new clients, but another place we were pleased with was Pets Beautiful, its a grooming salon and school. They groomed Matrix and our late dog Tippy. We were always very pleased with them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts