Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been so eager to adopt a silver toy puppy in my life and now I finally get to have some personal time to settle down. I live in Louisiana and willing to drive or fly to pickup my baby. I’ve heard alegros and dulcinea are really ethical breeders. Do you guys have any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

I'd agree that they are what I call quality, conscientious breeders. Others will drop by to offer personal recommendations but until then, I'll add a link to a partial Breeders List over in Finding The Right Puppy & Breeder Forum.

Color preferences are completely understandable but especially in this Covid era, you are seriously limiting the number of breeders to choose from. The saying is to find the right breeder and the right puppy will find you.

When you look thru the list, review the Health information (great strides there in the science), then don't skip the multi state listings, and particularly don't skip the Poodle Club of America Breeder Referral for your region (or search "Poodle Club of ___").

The Poodle Clubs are your best resource for up to date recommendations.
One of our PF breeder/members appears to be the current president there,

Conscientious breeders have a waitlist at the best of times and with pandemic puppy seekers, that wait is stretched well into 2021. There have been more than a few serendipitous contacts between seeker and breeder, so don't be put off by the thought of a waitlist. Also, don't be put off if online sites aren't particularly updated.

Be prepared to spend in the range of $1500 to up to $3000 at the top end. Conscientious breeders are not padding pricing due to Covid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts