Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are some of the reliable transportation services who can pick up my puppy and deliver him to me in/near Raleigh, NC?
My breeder is near Tennessee – North Carolina border, which would be about 4-5 hour drive.

Unfortunately, the closest airport from the breeder is in Charlotte, which is a few hours away.
So I'm not sure if it's possible or makes sense to get air transportation.

I'm looking for a private transportation service, or at the very least with a few dogs in separation only.

My max budget is $500, but of course, I would prefer to keep it lower.

Please let me know, thank you so much in advance!

___

(In case you're wondering why I'm not just picking up the puppy myself –
1. I'm not a good driver so it seems too risky to drive long distances :cry:
2. The pick up period may overlap with my recovery period from surgery)

·
Premium Member
6,775 Posts
Does the breeder not have anyone they work with or might recommend? Some breeders might even deliver the pup themselves if there and back is a one day drive, maybe even meet you part way.

It sounds like you wouldn't be meeting the breeder or pup and dam before committing.

I picked a random city in TN, Knoxville, and that came to a just under 6 hour drive. For that distance and time spent, not to mention potential stress for the pup, I'd rule out flying.

If the breeder can't help, and you don't know someone yourself who could do this for you, or drive you, my next best suggestion is to check here Good transporters to help you safely transport your pups! (gooddog.com)
Or the Carolina Poodle Rescue to ask if they can recommend something.
Home - Carolina Poodle Rescue

·
Registered
240 Posts
Maybe you can ask the breeder to see if they have any suggestions regarding transportation? They might have previous experiences from other buyers. I had a similar transportation issue and my breeder recommended something like a dog Uber (sorry, I forgot the name of the company!), but later a friend was able to drive me so we ended up driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.