Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Very excited new member here! I've heard a lot about this forum. I'm seeking a mini (ideally oversized, ~20-25lb) for seizure alert/response and retrieval work. I know alerts are not considered trainable; I can elaborate if anyone's interested. I've recently reached a good period in my health though, and may not need a service dog forever, hence the (maybe) in the title.

My current plan is to look for a good service candidate and train the pup (with a professional KPA certified trainer who has a Master's in Animal Behavior) like a service dog, with the understanding that my dog might end up just being a very well-trained pet.

Breeders currently on my list: Karbit, Aery, Songbird

I prefer a larger mini because I have tremors and muscle jerks, and I'd feel safer with a heavier-boned, sturdier dog.

Location: NYC, but would be willing to travel anywhere. I'd prefer not to deal with importing but would be open to it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to PF! I don't have any advice, but I'm sure some others will. You sound like you know what you're doing which is awesome! Best wishes in your search for you service dog prospect! I look forward to seeing updates!

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Welcome to PF. I think your potential breeders are all great. I know a Songbird dog and one our members (Aimiloo) has a Songbird puppy girl. Also our member Skylar has an Aery girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts