Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey poodle fans,

I posted in the Members Intros over a year ago about my dog plans. I've had a lot of health ups and downs since, and right now I'm looking for a standard to train (with a professional KPA certified trainer who has a Master's in Animal Behavior) for seizure alert/response, respiratory "alert"/response, and retrieval work. I know seizure alerts are not considered trainable; I can elaborate if you're interested. I happen to be a huge fan of reds, but color is definitely far less important than health/temperament.

Anyone have any breeder recs for my situation? I'm currently located in NYC. I'm willing to travel, but I can't drive, so I would need Lyft/Uber access, or the breeder might need to give me a lift from somewhere. I'm not currently allowed to travel much thanks to COVID-19, but would like to get started with my search.

On my list:

Arreau (not sure how importing puppies works though, could someone give me some insight?)
Farley's
NOLA
LCM

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I only have experience with Arreau of your choices, I have one of her Reds.

I know that she does ship to the US. She's got a service dog out in East Canada as well, possibly more around that I'm unaware of.

The whole Covid19 thing has surely screwed with cross-border puppy stuff. But I'm pretty sure she'll be having a red litter at some point out of Gilda, so by that time this quarantine may be over with.

Best wishes with your future spoo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts