Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
To build on Rose n Poos... health guarantees I see usually just cover congenital issues. And usually last 6 months to 2 years. Actual health guarantees are usually very short. I think Misha's breeder had a 72 hour guarantee that required vet confirmation of any issue. I don't think you can really expect a breeder to guarantee health when most of that's dependent on the buyer's care.

Actually, the most extensive guarantees I usually see are from the most disreputable breeders. The reason for this being that they don't health test the parents. So they'll give these extravagant guarantees that actually aren't enforceable at all. Or they're banking on the fact that most buyers will refuse to give back a pup they have bonded with. So they might guarantee health for 5 years.... if you return your dog and they'll give you a new one. But I don't think many people are willing to give up their pup for a replacement after they've bonded. So most often guarantees like that are useless. They're generally not guaranteeing to cover the health costs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.