Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a reputable breeder? I am looking for nice silver for me and Cooper (black standard). I would consider a white.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I don't know of any good breeders of silver but I wish you luck in your search. I see that you are new so a very big welcome to you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a silver male in Virginia from Sunridge that is 9 months old. Do you know anything about this breeder

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justed wanted to let you know that Carolyn with Lyndale Poodles passed away on September 11th.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Here are some more breeders to check out that are on the east coast ( I have no experience with them so do your research :D )
http://gbwebs.com/blacktie/index.htm

I heard good things about this breeder from one of my mentors
http://www.whisperwindstandardpoodles.com/silvers.html
I love the blacktie poodles, I hate it that blacktie is her kennel name b/c it's the same as mine before I got poodles so I guess if I ever really get into showing and breeding spoos then I'll have to do it under a different name. She doesn't live that far from me I hope to get to know her at some point in the future and get advice and maybe a future silver puppy. Before I got my girl I used to go to her site and just look at her dogs and dream lol.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The thing I saw that I don't like about the Whisperwind poodles is their eyes. They are a bit too round for my liking but you've got to go with what you want.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The thing I saw that I don't like about the Whisperwind poodles is their eyes. They are a bit too round for my liking but you've got to go with what you want.
I actually like standards with slightly larger, almond eyes. I find them so beautiful and exotic. :)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
This web site lists a number of breeders including Silver:

http://www.StandardPoodles.org/

I see that Stargazer Poodles has a litter coming in December. Not Silver, but you could get a very nice White out of this breeding. I really like the pedigree.

I know that Alegria Poodles has a Silver/ Blue litter coming but you would need to ship from AZ.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I actually like standards with slightly larger, almond eyes. I find them so beautiful and exotic. :)
I said round not almond. Almond is the standard and what they should have but too many people breed poodles with round eyes and they don't have that expression that I look for in a poodle face. Harry has round eyes and I don't like his expression nearly as much as Jasper's that has almond shaped eyes.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Buck , you will most likely need to contact these breeders. I know a lot of breeders do not update their website. They could have older pups and well as litters. They will also know other breeders who have what you looking for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts